HybridZ

Can someone scan the JTR mounts or post the specs?

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

I'm waiting on my JTR book and have everything I need EXCEPT the book. Can someone scan the diagrams of the mounts or even just post the measurements so I can go ahead and make them while I wait on the book?

The motor mounts have to be made of steel, that has been discussed before and I think most agree it would be foolish to use anything else.

Also I tryed to make my own, I used a saw zaw and a eletric drill.

I ended up tossing them and bying JTR, there are a few things that you should by from them. this is one unless you can use a shop.

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

LMAO! A sawzall and drill! I bet that was fun!

I have access to a full fabrication shop, so I shouldn't have any trouble making them. I'm going to use aluminum for all the low stress parts and steel for the rest. I want to keep the weight down to help make up for the weight of the turbo and cast iron turbo manifold.

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

Okay, I have everything I need except the thicknesses of the setback plates, which I assume is 1/2", but I wanted to make sure.

Also, I guess I need to stack multiple pieces of 1/2" and 1/4" plate to make the 1.25" and 2.25" spacers?

I STILL haven't received my JTR manual.

Magnun Rockwilder,

Please don't post comments that you ordered a JTR book and haven't recieved it, unless you also state that you did not order it from JTR.

Based on your previous posts, it appears that you ordered a used book from a member of this forum.

Furthermore, the books are normally updated every year or so, so if you get an old book, it may not have current information which could save time and money when doing the swap.

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

I'm not mad, just anxious. My wife is ready to start driving it, so the heat is on.

I'm making the mounts tomorrow and may go ahead and get the engine bolted in this weekend. I'm trying to avoid "while I'm at it" syndrome and just drop the motor in... then later when we pull the motor to do forged internals I can reinforce the frame and do other underhood mods.

MikeJTR---Sorry about the poorly worded comment on my part. I'm sure your reputation precedes you, though, so don't worry.

I'll order a new copy after the holidays... in the meantime I'm just throwing it together to make it driveable, so all I really needed was the mount diagrams.