HybridZ

L24T converting to L24ET

Guest GT-240

I have a tripple SK blow through setup and want to convert to EFI. I know it may be easier to just get a L28ET and start over...but I am exploring my options. My L24 is set up for high boost and I am using the original E31 Head. If I swap to an EFI head, I will lose compression, so I would rather use my E31.

Can I make a factory EFI intake manifold fit my E31?

I know I could use TWM throttle bodies, but was looking for a cheaper path.

Glyn

I’m researching and designing a set up using triple 45 mm SKs blow throughs. Instead of using a turbo I am have an Eaton M62 supercharger. How much boost are you running? Any information on this set up would be appreciated, including Picts. I have found some information on weber blow throughs but it is really came up limited.

8)

I have a tripple SK blow through setup and want to convert to EFI. I know it may be easier to just get a L28ET and start over...but I am exploring my options. My L24 is set up for high boost and I am using the original E31 Head. If I swap to an EFI head' date=' I will lose compression, so I would rather use my E31.

Can I make a factory EFI intake manifold fit my E31?

I know I could use TWM throttle bodies, but was looking for a cheaper path.

Glyn[/quote']

How are you set up for high boost? did you change the pistons?

If you are dead set on keeping your E31 you will have to drill and tap it for the EFI manifold and notch it to clear the injectors. You are best off using an earlier EFI head. You won't loose too much comp. compared to a P90.

I have forged pistons and an O-ringed block - There is nothing special bout my head - but since it is an E31, any EFI head I bolt on will lower my compression - and of course the low cc EFI heads are desireable and hard to find. So that is why I was trying to figure out what it would take to put EFI on my head.

Glyn

What compression are the pistons? If they are flat tops you may want the slight drop in compression going to an EFI head. It wouldn't be much lower. L heads aren't as detonation resistant as 4 valve motors. You'll have to pull ALOT of timing if you are running 9:1 with 16 psi on pump gas. If you are set on the E31 head, make a template of the manifold pattern and transfer it to the head and drill and tap it. You could use a manifold gasket but it might be a little sloppy. Then notch it for the injectors. It wouldn't be too hard.

Clifton - I'm not sure on the pistons as they were in the car whan I bought it - I did have the head off once and remember that they do have a dish to them. I haven't got my intake manifold yet - but I should be able to get a cheap head to use as an example for modifying my E31 - or if I can find a good N42 head, I may just use it.

SHO-Z - I may have the carb info somewhere - Off the top of my head I can say they are 40mm carbs, but that is about it. But I am going EFI, so that should tell you something about my success with carbs (before the triples, I had a Holley 650 double pumper)

Thanks for your replies.

GT240

70 240 L24T (garage ornament)

72 510 2 dr (commuter)

68 Olds 442 vert (family cruiser)