HybridZ

SRT4 240z swap

auxilary

• 2 weeks later...

The transmission used by Jeep to back up the 2.4L in RWD is the NV1500 and is VERY light duty. It wouldn't last long behind a 2.4L turbo motor. This is the same tranny used by GM in V6 S10's but the GM version has an integral bellhousing. Apparently, the Jeep version has a detachable one. By looking at it, I strongly suspect it has the same bellhousing to case bolt pattern as the stronger NV3550 (from which it is derived) which is identical to the AX15 and.... Toyota Supra Turbo R154. Still, I'll have to hold judgement until I see one close up.

http://i19.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/16/cb/cf_1.JPG

Greg

• 2 months later...

lol, I read all that, and many daughter threads and links... didnt find a definitive answer on the srt4/rwd tranny. Anyone else smarter and able to decipher it a little better than I was? I would be interested in pursuing this option, as long as there is something concrete in the way of tranny options.

lol, I read all that, and many daughter threads and links... didnt find a definitive answer on the srt4/rwd tranny. Anyone else smarter and able to decipher it a little better than I was? I would be interested in pursuing this option, as long as there is something concrete in the way of tranny options.

Tell you what. If you know anyone in Massachusetts that has a Mopar 2.4L with a flywheel sitting out on the ground, I'll take the Jeep bellhousing and Supra tranny I have and tell you what mods need to be done to make it work. Any takers?

Greg

Just my .02$ here.. I have a friend who is known as "The Jeep Guy" and he does NOT like the AX15. He's broke 2 already, and the one in his YJ now is starting to die. He's running the stock 4.2, rebuilt, with a slightly hoter cam. I actually was considering using one in my Z.. My Jeep buddy sais they are junk though.. how well would it work on a Z?!? :lol: