HybridZ

Bending Brake needed

383 240z

Guest Anonymous

No plans to build a metal brake .....on my end but Harbor Freight may have someting for under $200.00! ouch! There was definitely a good sheet metal design bracket for a Griffin radiator displayed here a while back that a person could find the use of a good metal brake helpful

Guest Anonymous

The only websites I found about it had a different type of brake than I had seen before. The one I bought from like Grizzly or whitney or someone was all of 20.00 and you have to use clamps to hold things down and its only a foot wide, for small brackets though it does the trick up to maybe 18 ga in narrow steel.

The one I mentioned at the beginning is basically a press with the upper die being a small angle iron say 1" with the arrow pointing down. The bottom die is a bigger angle say 2" the metal is inserted in between the dies and the press is pumped until it bends to your intended angle. I'm thinking of making one of these type when I get to Tempe since I have a small benchtop press. smile.gif

Regards,

Lone