HybridZ

BEAMS 3s-GE Motor

Guest Z2nr

I think this would be a fun engine to put into a 240z. It is a high revving 4cyl 2.0l 200hp engine with a six speed manual transmission.

Even though 200 bhp is not a lot it would definatly be fun in a 240z, this motor is pretty light I am assuming that is would drop it to close to if not under a ton. The car would feel like the new Lotus Elise light weight high revving and all round fun car to whip around.

I have never personally driven a lotus but would assume that with good suspension and some tires with the BEAMS 3s-ge engine will be fun as hell. Something thatyou can have decent fun at the drags with, and definatly something that would kill on a slalom.

I think anyone that likes light fast cars will definatly admire this particular setup.

True, it is a very good as a turbo engine, but it is nice in stock n/a trim also.

I am personally going for the Sr as of right now, but the BEAMS 3sge is a nice engine for what it is. Putting one of these in 240z would be a nice auto cross car. High revving, 6spd decent power and torque.

I would go for the Sr20 over the BEAMS 3sge since I think it would be better for my driving style.

What I think would be cool would be to put the GTiR Pulsar engine into a Lotus or the Blue Bird engine. I have seen an article in SCC where they put an integra type r engine in there, a GTiR Pulsar would kick ass and still retain light weight.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know where is it possible to even find a BEAMS engine? I have looked far and wide it seems pretty rare. I didn't I doubt anyone on this forum will, but I just wanted to ask anyhow.