HybridZ

Interesting junkyard find

Z-TARD

Found this at the local Pick and Pull today, looks like they were trying to make it look like a Volvo P-1800......maybe.....

index.cfm?p=gi&i=14169&r=7639&t=reg

index.cfm?p=gi&i=14170&r=2417&t=reg

index.cfm?p=gi&i=14171&r=3615&t=reg

index.cfm?p=gi&i=14172&r=2937&t=reg

My pics wont show for some reason, but they should work if you cut and paste them to your browser window. If you ever wondered what the offspring of datsun and volvo would look like, these might be of intertest.

Mike

BUY THAT!

wow thats an odd concept but it might just actually work, it almost looks like they were trying to make a ferrari 256SWB? (might not be the car im thinking of), either way I kinda like it, and it looks as though it might turn out have way decent with some work. hmmmm, it looks as though it was actually well thought out.

I like it. Definitely early '60s Italian influence.

Those grafted panels are pretty large and seem to be pre-stamped or someone is really good with an English wheel, I can't see them as hand-beat and stiched together. I almost think the tail fins and tail light surfaces might be from a Karman Ghia or VW type III.

Its a Frankencar!

Sorry about the quality of the pictures, the only camera I had was the one in my cell phone. From what I could tell, the panels were all hand made, nothing was taken from another car. Someone definitely had some skill with an english wheel, I dont think it would take much bondo at all to blend that stuff in. Unfortunately, I only have room in my garage for 1 Z, and barely enough for that. And as much as I like the design of it, it's not exactly what I'm going for with my project. I'm not sure if Ecology will sell an entire car, but if anyone is interested, its located in the Ecology import yard in southern San Diego. Directions from I-5 south: Take Main street exit, turn left on Main Street. Turn left on Nirvana, follow for about 1/2 mile. Turn right on Energy Way, Ecology yard will be the first junkyard on the right side. I hope someone buys it, or at least the front clip off of it. It would be a shame to let something like this get crushed.

EDIT: Phone# for Ecology Import yard is (619)661-4542

http://www.ecoparts.com/locations.htm