HybridZ

Need a specific dyno chart

kj280z

Hey all,

I've searched through the archive but can't find a dyno chart close to what I'm looking for... I was hoping you could help.

I need a dyno chart for a 3liter (I'd settle for a 2.8 as well) turbo L-Series motor running 9-10 pounds of boost... Preferably I'd like the dyno plot to start at as low an RPM as possible (around 1500 RPMs would be great).

I'm not focused at all on the HP or torque numbers that it made. I am looking more at the characteristics of the power band.

Hope you can help me out.

Please email a jpg to ken280z@hotmail.com or post it here...

Thanks!

Ken

Guest bastaad525

Hope this fits the bill... stock motor, stock turbo, stock almost everything really, just a boost controller, and running 10psi of boost.

Well since it does affect the power curve a bit, I figure I better mention that of course, running the L28et in a 240z, the exhaust was not stock. Rather, I'm running a bastardized setup, 3" non mandrel bent pipe off the stock downpipe, extending to just after the diff, then it sizes down to 2.5" non mandrel bent (long story behind why it's like this), then thru a 2.5" straight thru glass pack. Though I know this exhaust is no where near optimal, it should still be at least a little better flowing than stock (bigger pipe, no cat or conventional muffler). Anyways, here's the chart:

GRRRRRRR well I can't figure out how to post the image so it just shows up in the thread on this damn new forum. Sorry guys but I really dislike change when I can't even figure out what the purpose of the change was (and no I haven't looked) Let me just say I'm not diggin it :(

well here is the link to my member page at car domain, it's the first dyno sheet you see about 1/4 of the way down the page.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/635763

Thanks bastaad525!

would you happen to have the actual files created by the winpep software? I need them with RPM at the bottom and a few other things changed... if I had the file I could do it myself...

Also, on your page it looks like you were running 14 psi... Was there a different chart that I should look at? Also, please email me at ken280z@hotmail.com i'd like to talk to ya about something...

Thanks again!!!

Ken

Guest bastaad525

Who me? not sure which chart you're commenting on if you're talking about me. When I was running bone stock everything it did run a bit lean, never had any problems from it.

As it stands now it runs nice and rich thru the whole fuel curve but varies a lot as well, with that same damn rich dip at 3000-4000rpm that all 280zxt efi's have, then steadily leaning to a low 12:1 a/f ratio until 6000rpm. There is also a lean spike which doesn't occur all the time, gets up to high 12:1, but it comes and goes so fast when it occurs that I dont worry about it.

Who me? not sure which chart you're commenting on if you're talking about me. When I was running bone stock everything it did run a bit lean' date=' never had any problems from it.

As it stands now it runs nice and rich thru the whole fuel curve but varies a lot as well, with that same damn rich dip at 3000-4000rpm that all 280zxt efi's have, then steadily leaning to a low 12:1 a/f ratio until 6000rpm. There is also a lean spike which doesn't occur all the time, gets up to high 12:1, but it comes and goes so fast when it occurs that I dont worry about it.[/quote']

Sorry, I read first one down. I did realize there were more. The last one looks pretty good. Are you running a 280zxt cam?

Guest bastaad525

Well it's funny that most people say running 10psi on bone stock everything is okay but really it does run pretty lean and probably dangerously hot as well. But people do it all the time. I guess what you dont' know really CANT hurt you :)

Yes it's a stock zxt cam

Yes it's a stock zxt cam

I know you are always lookng to gain a few HP. I don't know if you know but the ZXT cams have a little less lift on the intake. The earlier cams, it's either stamped "A" or "C" can't remember(double check with some calipers) but it's just the earlier 280z cam, will give you a little more power. The IN and EX lift is the same on them. It sould extend your powerband. I know I have a little more RPM in mine.