HybridZ

Pics online....

meakin

Hello all,

It has been a loooooooooong time since I posted anything, but - just incase anybodys interested, I posted some pictures of "the project" online at the below address. It's nothing compared to some of the HybridZ's some of you guys have (still a straight six). My first goal is to get the car up and running - after that we shall see regarding which way I go performance-wise

Anyway here's the link:

Pics of the project

BTW the pics a pretty big. so be warned!!

Cheers,

Meakin

Thanks for the kind words guys :D

When I get around to putting it back together - I figure I'll just go down the "trial and error" road, and eventually - when I'm about 85, I guess I'll get it right ( But be to stiff to get in!)...oh, hold on, just rememberd the "it's not the something or another - it's the journey" phrase... bonk.gifcry2.gifugg.gif;)

Cheers,

Meakin

very clean, hope it stays that clean once it gets back in the car. thats my biggest problem, doing my diff work, i painted everything i could this aluminum, put it back in, all the jacking and bolting and wrenching, it looks the same as it did before, like a car frown.gif

Judging from the quality of transportation (the bike in background) I expect you be hurrying on the rebuilt!!!! :D

Owch! look at that saddle! :cry2:If I'm not mistaken thats a Brooks leather saddle (I raced on those in the 70's), You have to break those in by riding 2000 miles and oil it to get it to "fit" your butt!!! ugg.gif In the meantime you'll flamedevil.gif suffer!

Meakin; I can tell you really put in alot of time on that engine. You are going to have something you will really be proud of when your done! But truly are we ever "done"! ...."Not the destination; its the journey" Good statement! You have the right frame of mind 2thumbs.gif

Actually Len,

I transport myself with something much more demanding on a day to day basis - my legs!! ;)

We live in the middle of the city - so we really don't need a car for transport. The Z, when it is finished, will be purely for fun. That little bike you see on the picture, we use when we are up in the "sommerhouse" (where the Z is). It comes in VERY handy, when we run out of the invaluble "mechanics thirst killing lubrication" ;) BTW the bike is a 1960-61 Triumph T20t Tiger cub trials bike - and you were right about the seat 2thumbs.gif

Cheers,

/Meakin

Guest Zpeed

is the dizzy u got there a electronic dizzy...

i got problems with mine, and i think i need the mount from a 280zx rather than the one from a 260z

Zspeed,

The dizzy is electronic, however I don't know if it is of a 280zx (never seen one from a 280zx ,and this one came with the engine)- If you need it - I should be able to come up with some close up pics of the dizzy inside the next couple of weeks and post them if that helps?

BTW. thanks for the email reply 2thumbs.gif (got the vic.brit. catalog but I'm not shure that's the same one in there - it's got air ducts by the looks of the pic in the catalog)

Sorry, I could'nt be of more help

Cheers,

Meakin