HybridZ

Photoshop Experts Needed

240Z2NV

Can any of your computer whizzes out there Photoshop some 280ZX (Turbo) tail lights onto the rear of a 240Z for me?! I'm trying to come up with something 'different', have read the various threads, and don't want to spend $600 on Euro lights.

I bought a clean tail light assembly on eBay from a 280ZXT. It fits in the general OE area without significant mods (maybe only to trim panels); but, I was hoping to get a better look. My car is a shell on a rotisserie, so the perspective is skewed. And I don't want to start metal mods until I am certain of the look.

Any assistance would be great!

maybe I'm just going crazy but I was almost sure I saw a picture of someones car with this done while searching the forum. I did another search to get you the link and I can't find it anymore... but, but, I remember it... the car was red...

anyone else remember seeing this and can help out?

Eric

THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout baby!! THANK YOU!! I am trying to visualize a couple of different ideas for tail lights on my 240Z, and this was a huge help. It is very subjective, I know. The long-running thread in this forum (thirty pages, I think) wasn't as helpful as I had hoped because I don't like 98% of those pics posted (again, subjective).

The criteria for my particular project is: not extremely involved fabrication (see Dan Juday), control costs (see $600 'Euro' 240Z lights), keep it simple (see stock), be slightly different without going 'juvenile'. This leaves me with continuing to search for the scarce Euro 240Z set, catching a Euro 280Z set and doing minor fabrication, or doing the 280ZXT install with moderate fabrication. I read the mention of the long, thin-banana shaped Cadillac LEDs from Sedan deVille(?), which would have been interesting, though MUCH more involved in the customization (again, Dan Juday). But, those lights are pretty 'ghetto popular', and they get snatched up immediately at the JYs. Trucks and SUVs look good with them.

My wife, the computer whiz, made me a folder so I can flip back-and-forth from those three images to TRY to decide. "Sparky", you really helped me ALOT!!

The tough part is making the decision before starting body/paint work. Last, I'm still hoping to 'hook up' with "1bad180SX" regarding his LED design in OE casings.

Hey no problem at all, just glad I could help....

A member of our z club has a set of R32 Skyline taillights installed in his 240Z. It's surprising just how natural they fit in the S30 chassis (unfortunately I do not have a picture of his car at this time.)

Taillights in a S30 is a tough call. I do long for something a little more updated, but at the same time can't really visualize anything that looks as at home on the rear of my 240Z. It's possible that I cannot really "see" it because of the fact that the stock taillights just belong with the 240Z, so nothing will every look right. ?did that make any sense?

anywho, hope your project gets underway and finished in a timely manner, next time I'm up your way you'll have to give me a ride. (same goes for everyone else out there)

laterZ