HybridZ

Well, I finally brought home my new V8 Z

Guest the_dj

Oh great(?), another happy ending V8Z story for me to be jealous of! (Just Kidding-Woo Hoo!!! Way to go).

My car is still an inliner and at least once every other month or so some kid (early 20's or late teens) will approach me at the gas station while I'm filling up & ask me what kind of car I'm driving (78 2+2)..they always ask if its some kind've British or German car...too funny.

Oh well, I'm only an Inliner for now but I'm-a-gonna be a V8 Someday.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

Congrats 2thumbs.gif !!!

Now, after driving through a "cool" desert tell us all.. HOW FAST DID YOU GET IT GOING???? Don't be shy, throw the big number out there. I know you HAD to put your foot in it a little bit.

Keep the shiny side UP!!!

David

Guest the_dj

After flying to San Diego to pick up SuperDan's 280Z, we drove back to Houston and now I'm back in Austin. The trip was great, and the cold front kept the Arizona/New Mexico/Texas desert nice and cool for us on the drive. There are a few minor things that need to be fixed on it and the A/C needs to be installed, but the conversion is excellent and I'm loving it! MAN does this beast turn heads. Everywhere I go I'm getting asked all kinds of questions about it and why it sounds like it does. :D

On the way home a guy in his late 50s came by while we were at Burger King and said WOW your car looks good. I was fixing an exhaust bracket to keep it from rattling, and he talked to my dad for a bit about my Z and the Z cars he has owned and the ones he still does. Turns out he really likes them and has had them for some time. Anyway, I went to start it, and when I did, he jumped and goes What on EARTH!! My dad told him about the engine and he got a big kick out of it. :D

I know it's a mild build-up engine, but the car is the fastest thing I've ever been in or driven, and now I'm half scared to hit the throttle. Just doesn't seem right to me. :eek:

Sam

Guest blue73z

So, is the car in Austin? If, so I'd really like to see it sometime. I've seen, and ridden in, Long's carbuerated V-8 but would really like to see a nice example of an EFI swap. Also congrats on the purchase of such a nice Hybrid.

Aaron

No way you could dup that for what he was asking! I HATED and I mean HATED Gnose's until I saw that car and now I want one!!! Sweet ride and you know it was done right.

I'm jealous along with 90% of these guys!!!

Congrats,

tom

Guest Zpeed

man if i was in the US i woulda bought that.. hell if i was in that side of the earth i woulda taken that car,

oh well, at least we can get cheap RB engines.. hehe.. if i can't get a good cheap V8, i'll be happy with twin turbos. hehe..

later, and that car is to nice