HybridZ

can i have heat

datsun327

what is needed to make the heater work in a 74 260z with a v8. can i still you the lines, heater cores, blower motor, amd if so where do the line hookm up to the block. becuase to my understanding the heater system runs tho the motor some how. and that as for as my knowlegde goes on this matter.

please help texas can get cold too

simply enough your heater uses the heat from your engines radiator fluid. As the cars heats up the fluid is circulated throught the heater core and when you put the fan on it blows air over it transfering heat to the air. Simply run a line from your engine to the heater core. Make sure the core isn't leaking first if it hasn't had fluid in it in a while. I'm not sure from where to run the line though, can't remember. But that is how it works Im pretty sure.

MMMmmm good question... As far as I know they will be fine. Maybe the electric ones wouldn't, but otherwise you should be fine. The most important things are that it is aluminum and that you match you other brackets and pulleys to the pump. Meaning for a long or short water pump. If ya don't match it, the pulleys won't line up. From what I understand the long is the easiest to find everything for and get to work properly.

That V8 would have originally been set up to run a heater wouldn't it? If the bits are no longer there go to a wrecker and look at a similar engine . You can buy the bits off it then. The heater hoses are the small ones somewhere around 30mm in diameter. Or one inch for you imperialists :lol: