HybridZ

What transmission?

Guest tomcat

I'm running the T-56. Part of the fitting depends on which car you have. They all reuire removal of the current trans mount brackets. My 280 only need a little tunnel pounding mainly for the reverse lockout. Otherwise it fit fine! I did get the Weir belousing and hyd. throwout bearing so I could use a normal flywheel and clutch assy. also so there was no slave cyl. in the way of the exhaust!

I had a T56 six speed in the last car, and I've chosen to go with the GForce Custom T5 five speed with hardened input/ main/ output shafts and custom gearing... The are pricey, but VERY lightweight, which is the big complaint I had with the 140+# T56... Which climbs quickly to over 190# when you add the weight of the flywheel/ clutch assembly!

The GForce we built is rated at 600Ft Pounds of torque and cost about $1840, including the Steeda Triax shifter.

Mike

Call Paul Cangialosi at 561-743-5600

Paul Cangialosi

http://www.5speeds.com Creators of the JT5 5 speed He hooked me up with TWO custom trannies for the SCarab project for Jim and for my own project, and the cost was about $1840 each. You pick the setup, the gears, the syncro types, the input, main, and output shafts, and he builds it for your application.

Mike