HybridZ

1/4mile times stock T3 w/o intercooler?

GrayZee

I'm curious, what's the best times anyone has ever done on a L28et without a intercooler (or without water injection, ect)

I would like to see how far I can go with my car with just a 3" exhaust, upgraded injectors, pump and ecu. I also plan on running a upgraded clutch and drag slicks. I wanted to upgrade the turbo and intercool it but somehow I doubt I will have the cash.

My ZX is at 2750lbs and i have removed the ac, spare and so on, lighter wheels and all i can get it to is the above stated weight.

With ic stock dp, 2.5 mandrel exhaust, lsd, fpr, Ive made a best time of 13.49 at 101.9 that was boosted to 15#'s

Yeah my car is completely stripped. It has no dash no plastic at all in the car. Only a aftermarket tach, boost gauge, oil pressure gauge, and a driver seat. It weighed 2525 the first time I weighed it but I think the scale was off since we just had lots of rain. The second time it read 2580lbs. My 60ft times were in between a 1.998 thru 2.010.

Guest MaXbOOst

My Z has no A/C or Heater componets , no rear tire or jack , no cruise control, and just a bunch of stuff the car didnt need to run......

i wonder what it weighs...

I can run mid to low 14s all the livelong mothergrabbing day at stock boost, no intercooler, 3" exh and good fuel mods (pump, regulator, new injectors, new filter,) and a 60mm tb. I do have 3.7 lsd and know how to make it work for me though on H rated street tires 215/60/15 and no rear sway bar. My car is heavy, 75 280z with dual ported 10" subs and amps, full heater controls, z32 leather seats(heavy but i cant feel the road through my butt anymore) etc. etc.

now ill post mine but i had a fmic, BUT i had a boost leak which made me slower then what you guys are prob running without one.

13.8 at over a 100, forgot what it was.. i cant even find any of my time slips :(

but i had a starion fmic, boost leak lol, stock boost, 3inch exhaust (didnt remove the cutout flange) 255lph fuel pump, jsk fuel rail, stock injectors, and stock everything else pretty much. 225-60-15 old yoko tires.

its a 77 280Z but still got to weigh 2580lbs, has no bumpers, no supports, FD rx7 seats which are lighter, but still has A/c (well did then) and everything else.

ill be going back i hope feb :)

mike

Guest bastaad525

Jersey is always the fastest time that comes to mind for me. '73 240, stock T3, EFI, 10psi on stock turbo, 13.3. His car weighs right around 2300lbs.

No offense but I have a hard time believing 13.2 in a non intercooled ZX at 10 psi.... even if it only weighed 2700.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt ;) . http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=96503 And my car weighed 2570lbs (2730 with me in it). I know no one really knows me here except maybe mike (on3go). So i'm not taking it too heart, but I still don't like having to prove myself. But unfortantely we do not live in a world where everyone tells the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. I have since put on an intercooler, redid my fuel pump wiring, and right now i'm installing my 370cc injectors. So the next time i'm at the track i will be in the 12s. Next time I go to houston raceway I will bring my friend and his video camera cause I want to see this thing lauch my self (21yr old stock suspension :shock: ) . And too put everyone at ease. Happy Motoring.

Ted Schmidt