HybridZ

Were you at the MSA get together

Tony240ZT

Guest Anonymous

What I think of that old car: a zee of any sort or color does not need much to look great.Georgia Flash's old girl laying in the weeds looks pretty exciting too.

Guest kc6wfs

I had a great time at MSA. It was my first time going and will never miss it again.

Eric N. it good to meet you on Sat at MSA store.

I know there were tons on others I met but I am sooooo bad with names.

It was funny though, I spent the night at the Radison hotel, got up at 5:30, was at MSA by 6:15. Blasted my radio to keep awake, line finally started moving around 7:45 or 8:00.

I was very happpy with how many Z's were out there. Even the work in progress cars like mine.

Next year I hope us HybridZ guys can get more of our cars out there.

All and all it was a BLAST!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

Dave

cheers.gif

Originally posted by Greimann:

I was lurking over at zcar.com and found a link to a HUGE MSA picture page. He even had 4 pix of my car!

WARNING: There are over 500 thumbnails and it takes several minutes just to bring down the thumbs over a DSL line.

http://showroom.floor.palo-alto.ca.us/images/MSA_2002/zbum_pics/

Hey Dave,

Sorry man I didn't know you were one of the Hybridz guy's when you introduced yourself right when I parked next to you. I eventually moved my car next to John (Jumbo240z). He lives a block away from me. Anyway your car would be a great sleeper, but your V8 badge is a big give away. Very nice setup you did. I think you were the only 280zx V8.

I was there, and met Owen, Huy, Dave Booth (kc6wfs), Dave Greimann, Miles, ZR8ED, Scott, and Josh. I had met Van (TWO40MUSCLEZ) and Mark (Z-Dreamer) on Friday, and I met Ian and Steve (Drivers of the car Mikelly is sponsoring) and John Coffey at the auto-cross on Saturday. I hope I didn't forget anyone. I got to see Alsil again, and met his incredible wife as well!

Unfortunately, when I was looking at some cars, I didn't know who the owners were. I looked for Jumbo280Z (Dave Booth pointed out his car - SWEET!), and SleekZ but didn't know where to find them. Maybe Nametags with HybridZ "handles" next year?

Hope to do it again next year - with my Z!

Pete

i was behind that big huge 4x4 z when he smoked an acura rsx at a light right when we all turned off of main st onto katella. lol it was great to see i child in an acura doing burnouts getting smoked. praise the v8 4x4 guy hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifrockon.gif2thumbs.gifhail.gif

david karey

Originally posted by Sleek Z:

Hi, everyone.

Vincent Hudson and I drove down in his "Purple Candy" Tomahawk Z Friday night and hung around the show events all weekend, eventually hauling back up I-5 to the SF Bay Area Monday morning at full throttle.

Did any of you get a chance to check out the 3 Tomahawks at the show? btw, the black and the silver one won 1st and 2nd place awards at the Knotts Kit car show the weekend prior. The owners actually drove home last week from that LA car show and then drove back down again the next weekend to attend MSA for one day before driving all the way back home the evening of the show! Wow, really dedicated car enthusiasts, I'd say. 1000 mile round trip each time and in a topless convertible as well!

Many online personalities came up and introduced themselves to me while I was shooting at the event. Tim240Z and Owen both spotted me doing my thing and introduced themselvesl when they figured out who I was. Got a nice shot of both of them in front of the newest 4x4 V8 Z to hit the show.

DCP_3426.jpg

Many have asked when my photos will be posted. Unlike many others, I do not do straight image dumps to my server of all images that I take at an event. I took over 320 photos, but intend to cull the total down below 100 before I post them up for viewing, a process that may take me over a week to complete. Hopefully many will find the wait worthwhile.

In keeping with the ZPARTS theme of my site, most of the shots I took were of customized parts on the cars. However, Mike, manager of Pierre's body shop, set up an after show mini photo shoot of his 2 show cars with me that netted some good record shots as well as several "cool" shots. Stay tuned. I think you'll love some of them.

Anyway, it was a "wrap" by 5:30 pm, Pierre's crew drove off in the 4 cars they had at the show, Sal, of MSA, brought me out a nice cold soda as he locked up the store and only the tear down crews and my sun burnt legs were present on the premises. Everyone else was gone and the year 2002 show was history.

Although not a photo that says "Car Show", I'd like to share one image I took early in the morning as all the cars were waiting in line to enter the show area under the gray LA overcast, that I have already grown attached to. Click on the link below for a larger view and tell me what you do or do not like about it. It's kind of subtle but timeless, IMO.

DCP_3288rw1b.jpg

Larger View

Eric Neyerlin - ZPARTS.COM

Guest Anonymous

Dang I missed my mentors! I was looking forward to meeting Pete and Mike but I didn't want it to look like I was autograph seeking or something!

I regret that we didn't meet.

Next time my brothers...

Regards. Jon

Guest Anonymous

Oh yeah, Pete, I'm glad you liked the car. I got a lot of great ideas from you like sleeving the frame rail (I should'a been a mech engineer, instead I'm in marketing). Anyway, it would've been nice to chat with you about some specifics.

regards. Jon

ZR8ED here. It was one heck of a blast finally meeting with you guys. 2thumbs.gif

I just got home last night. I stayed a few more days and had waaayyy toooo much fun down on the coast. I was very impressed with how friendly people were in CA. :D

Hanging out at the Ramada with dozens of fellow z'rs was also on the brink of overkill. It was like a huge family.. I haven't talked about Z's so much with so many people.. and had so much to drink and shot so much pool in a long time. hehe That was the real highlight of arriving a couple of days in advance of the show even though I didn't bring my Z.

I met so many new people I can't even remember all of them..(a few too many drinks may not have helped in the bar though)

I would like to go next year.. My car is ready..now if I can just get enough time off..and maybe a co-pilot, I can make it.

I owe many of you some pics of the finished product, as well as pics of some of the older mods done to the car.

Finally my tires arrived. Khumo Victoracer 700's 265/45/16's They look wicked. I hope to install them before the weekend and get the car out for some decent pics of the flares, wing, etc.. I can't post them, but I'm sure someone here, might be able help me out.

Once again it was great meeting you guys.. I may have missed the pre-meet ;) but at least I made the show and the post meet.

Originally posted by Tim240Z:

quote:

From Pete:
I hope I didn't forget anyone
Ahem!

DOOOHH!

Sorry about that Tim. malebitchslap.gif

Tim's the nice guy that came BACK to the El Torrito after not finding us the first time, the guy that I hung out with at the cart track (who also trounced me there!) and just a real nice guy to hang out with.

(teaches me to name names so late at night!)