HybridZ

Just got my headlight covers, They SUCK

Guest iskone

I ordered clear headlight covers for my white 240 from MSA and they fit like crap.

There is a 3/8" gap on the inside top corner. Now I just mocked them up but it sure doesn't look like that gap is going to bend out.

Are the ones from VB better quality?

I'm about to return these!!! $50 and I get crap!!!!!!

Isk

ur using the black rubber strip too?

mine fit fine, on my blue Z, and they now fit fine on another hybridz's member Z...

ya gotta work them abit but they will end up looking "not bad at all"

mike

most the time those gaps will go away once you get the covers nice and tight in the bucket. deff DRILL, dont use those crappy double sided sticky crap, they tend to fall off in really hot or cold weather.

mike

I have two sets from MSA = sucks

One set from VB = sucks

Out of the three sets, the pass side fits ok but the driver side fits poorly with the said gaps.

I tried using more than three of the brackets for mounting, still cannot get the drivers side installed to suit me. gaps

If only someone would make a QUALITY set of these things.

If only someone would make a QUALITY set of these things.

somebody did.. Nissan/Datsun.. but im not spending that much money on them.. ill take the gaps!

lol

mike

Bought my headlight covers from MSA and had those gaps too. Spent a lot of time getting the black seals around the covers absolutely perfect, but they still leaked when I washed the car. I just gave up on my second set and didn't use the seals. In my opinion, it looks better without them. I also second the solid mounting with some stainless steel screws, don't even bother with the double sided tape. To make things so much easier on yourself, remove the headlight buckets! :wink:

!M!

I didn't have the time yesterday to get to the headlights(I was tunning thesuper traps) I don't want to drill anything.

How did you you guys go about the drilling? I'd rather not put any holes in the buckets, but....

Isk

Did any of you use a heat gun or at least a hairdryer? I'm pretty sure that was in the instructions. Once you do that you can get them to fit much better - hold them in place for a couple minutes while they cool.

Also, wanted to let you know I used rare earth magnets to attach my covers. 14 2mmx6mm discs on each bracket, each magnet has a 1/2lb pull. They are incredibly strong - I attached them to the brackets with JBweld. http://www.gaussboys.com

And yes, you really really need to have buckets that are not on a car to do this right. I can't imagine trying to do it on the car - what a nightmare.

One last thing - does anyone have or know where to get an extra rubber strip and mounts? I bought a single cover from a guy but he never sent me the rubber or mounts and stopped returning my emails. :(

One last thing - does anyone have or know where to get an extra rubber strip and mounts? I bought a single cover from a guy but he never sent me the rubber or mounts and stopped returning my emails. :(

Sorry, I don't have the mounts, but you can have both of my black gaskets, no charge. PM me your address if you want them. For the mounts, just fabricate some out of aluminum sheet from the harware store. I did that on my last set of headlight covers and it wasn't hard at all.

!M!