HybridZ

MSnS Extra vs MSII

mobythevan

I am ready to upgrade to MSnS extra on my 240z turbo because it has many new functions and also everything can be tuned from one MegaTune window using version 331 of megatune. I will also be installing MSII next month on a different car that is a non-turbo sbc. Right now it seems like MSnS extra has a few advantages over MSII for turbo cars. Some of the functions in the extra code are AFR target tables (can use with my tech edge wideband), larger maps for fuel and ignition, nitrous control, boost control, knock detection, dwell control, etc. Does anyone see a reason to use MSII on turbo engines at this point? The MSII has IAC control which will be nice for chevy V8 installs.

I am looking to update the install guide to only talk about MSnS extra once my conversion is finished. That should help because the old MSnS doesn't have much support these days.

You know how I gobbered up my relay board with jumpers to make it all nice with the MS-N-S install. I will have to see how the jumpers need to be configured before I make any decisions.

I have been away from the country most of the last 6 months, and sadly the red car languishes in neglect, half finished. I did charge the battery this afternoon though~!

I definately won't be waiting for the MSII, the "extra" has it all!

This is the first i heard of this package, when i search around and found the sight i almost shit! 12x12 tables and the ability to tune on one screen was my biggest concern, everything else is bonus.

-Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

yeah, that "tune everything on one screen" is a big plus. I get sick of switching between tables and programs. That is a major improvement over the original setup.

But I am glad to be driving it to theend of hte street and back without coughing and bucking. Yippiee! Wish I had more time to tune...