HybridZ

JTR mounts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7942784731&category=6763

This guy is selling JTR mounts with tranny mount on ebay. Can he legaly do this? JTR has a patent on these mounts correct?

If he were just selling an extra set this would be one thing put he has 50 sets! Whats next copy the book and sell that on ebay too?

Anyhow thought I would give mikejtr a heads-up ....

I want to thank you for your concerns.

JTR does not have a patent on the motor mounts, but using the JTR name in the Ebay title is misleading.

JTR has been in business since 1989 (over 15 years), and we sell various engine swapping parts for various vehicles. The volume of parts we sell is very small, but we keep our overhead low by working out of a home. JTR is a very small business with two brothers, and an answering service. Based on our experiences, there is no way the person on Ebay is selling as many kits as he claims. Welcome to the world of scams and exagerations that seem to be common to Ebay.

• 3 weeks later...

He didnt sell any of his mounts. But look at what he had to say the question and answer part of the ebay auction. He is insinuating that jtr mounts fall apart.. oh yeah he should get a spell checker, sorry couldn't resist.

Questions from other buyers for this listing

Q: What am I getting from you that I can not get from JTR for $155 by buying the same seven pieces? Answered on Dec-26-04

A: My bracket were tested at 1500 HP 2000 foot pounds of torque and PASSED, so you can use the 1200 HP Alcahol Blown engine safely with mine, try that with anyone elses. These are available for 200 dollars shipped, but only for a month and 12 mnore days, then I go back to the 500 dollar price I was selling them for in 2003. SO THINK!, the time you are putting into your Z, then think about how much you are willing to spend to make sure it dosent fall apart, I would EASILY spend 300 more to know I buying the VERY best, VERY strongest, and its nice to know that I am getting them straight from the the actual Maker, I am someone who knows what I am talking about from experience, My brackets are the Best out there I have ever seen and used, I have 150 cutomers that would agree, especialluy the ones that Bought Mine to replace the ones that broke on them, but I cant tell you the seller of those Brackets, I would get sued. For now its 200 shipped, in 42 days it goes to 500 shipped. thanks Josh

That dude is on straight up Tyrone Biggums style crack. Why in the world would a person spend more money on a product than what its worth? What's worse is his attempt to sell it for more than the original product. If anyone purchases these sloppy units from this dude, they need to be slapped with a sausage. I can slap them with mine for starters.