HybridZ

modern-ish body kits?

Guest ahyc84

ok, so i've been searching high and low. Been trying to find a body kit for the Z while it sites in the cold since i refuse to work on it in the winter time :P this is how i usually get really sick heh.

I like the more modernized look of body kits, so i don't fancy the G nose or the yz body kits and such very much with respect to people who have them and the manufacturers. No offense to anyone.

Could anyone lend a hand here?

These 2 are the only kit i could findlarge501439group.jpg

180Z_3.jpg

Now, i KNOW this red one is a 180sx converted to a s30 front. But i just absolutely love this kit. Only information i could get on this kit is that it's made by a company called "Yokohama" in japan. They made a conversion kit for the s13 to the s30 front. However, i have no knowledge of where this company is or their contact information : ( Or do i know if that bumper would even fit on a s30.

Now here's the real question. Does anyone here know of any body kits that's similar to these, or even BETTER : D know where i can get the bumper(for the s30) that's on the red car.

TIA guys.

btw, i'm new : )

Tried registering a long time ago, but my activation email never came through for a long time. So i haven't been on here until these couple of days

- Adrian

Get out the fiberglass and make your own because there's only a handful of body kits out there.

As for just airdams, there's quite a few. Motorsport auto carries just about all the airdams you can get. Victoria British carries some Wing's West airdams, but IMO they look nearly identical to the Xenon airdams that MSA has.

I have the urethane Xenon airdamn that a lot of people use.

I'm sure someone can post a link to the 240sx kit, but I doubt it will fit without serious modification. That car looks like it's much wider than a Z.

oopsie. The red car has a kit made from a company called SCRE.

Making my own is sorta my next step. I'm trying to find the contact info so i can get the measurement for that bumper.

Next on my list is to look up tutorials on how to make my own kit. lol. I'm not a noob to f/g. But i'm not expert enough to know the steps to making my own kit from scratch....heh

I like it with the cowl induction hood... but I'm not a big fan of either part... they seem to go together really well.

I was considering the other MSA bumper, but everyone has it... so I've been looking at other cars, trying to figure out what could be grafted on without looking like total crapola.

I like it with the cowl induction hood... but I'm not a big fan of either part... they seem to go together really well.

I was considering the other MSA bumper' date=' but everyone has it... so I've been looking at other cars, trying to figure out what could be grafted on without looking like total crapola.[/quote']

are you hinting at the porsche front end on the z post? Imho that was crapola!

I didn't like the Porsche bumper when it was on the Porsche... so I'm biased.

The Subtle Z front air dam is designed for use with the bumper installed, right? I want to go with no bumper and something that looks good without it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest magnadyne

Wait a tick!

I am glad I ran across this post. It reminded me that I have a catalog from a place called Impact Parts. They have a lot of Z stuff, and they have been around for ever. I went to their web site, and it looks like they are really trying to cater the latest imports scene, but a search resulted in many items for Z's.

Flairs, aero kits, even engine parts. Unfortunately, the web sire doesn't have the pics, but my catalog does.

Maybe this will help, maybe it won't, but I thought I would throw it out there befor you try to build your own.

Guest magnadyne

Oh, and another thing...

I am with you on making a Z look a little modern, so I have trying to pay attention on how to do that. I have noticed it is the little things that help it look updated.

Painting the mirrors, bumpers, door handles body color. Making the B pillar black instead of chrome. They all seem to add a little something. Keeping it clean also seems to help. No massive wings or protruding hood scoops.

I think the headlight covers look good too. Of coarse all this is my opinion, but maybe you might think the same way.

Plus I think if you try to stick to doing things like this, you won't have to change the body too much.

good example....

and another....

yet another....

Modern looking is cool, but I'm trying not to go overboard (anyone feel free to stop me! :-)) but I also want to avoid the "been there, done that...bought that" syndrome.

So I'm slowing replacing my exterior parts with custom ones. I don't want people to look at my car and think, "that's the MSA airdam..." I want them to ask, "where the hell did you get that???". If I could start from scratch I'd do a wider body, but no time for that now.

I also chose to leave the chrome, cars today simply look like painted boxes or eggs. I'm talking the affordable cars of course...Just my humble opinion.

Owen