HybridZ

stock car style wheels.... help

Guest ON3GO

looking for some stock car style wheels..

like this..

clm-400-1512-105_m.jpg

thing is i cant find any in 4 lug and in enough backspace to make say work on a stock flared Z or just enough to stick out past the stock flares.. give it that mean look.

i know i saw a few Z's that had them on here but i dunno if it was stock lug pattern..

any help would be great.

mike

I guess those wheel adapters work, but your wheel selection is limited to that huge 5 lug pattern on the wheel. The volkswagen pattern on the 4 lug part of the adapter will require yet another spacer to fit the z...

just saw second link... n/m the part about the extra adapter... you're still stuck with the wide five though...

wht about those honda wheel adapters, it keeps the 4 lug setup, but it converts it to a civic pattern, so ne wheel that fits a civic, will fit that. Every rim designer makes sumthin for the civic, cuz u gotta think about it, Civics have got to b the coolest sports car ever mean, there fast as crap, and they have great handleing.

P.S. That thing about them being the cooles, is crap, im just not sure of how serious all u guys took that, but i'd have my Z over a civic neday, even if my Z has crappy handleing and gas mileage

the way i see it, a nissan/datsun beats a honda neday, no matter how much aftermarket they have for it. The reason theres so much aftermarket for it is cuz u hafta put alot of money into the car to make it worth the smallest amount of money, even civic owners no it-that y they spend so much on other things, cuz they no that the stock car is nuthin.

Jumbo240Z has 17" steel 4 lug stock car rims on his ride. He has had black and chrome. I don't think he ever mentioned they were pricey, but they came as he wanted them and I think he got them mail order. Try Summit or Stock Car Products. I'm sure you can find them for not too much moolah.

Davy

ok civic's are fun I've owned a coupla honda's the problem they are wrong wheel drive and when you get 200hp in a 2000lb car traction is a serious issue, and a cat back exhaust for a civic will run you $300-800, for an S30 ful header back exhaust $125 and it's way more metal, that kinda kills your serious money issue, I have less money in my S30 and it's faster and handles better then my civic or crx did

civic's are however plentifull, they are a modern "hotrod" you take your mom's econobox and put the bigger teg motor in and tweak till happy, much like the old falcon's recieved big blocks in thier day, the civic's have benefitted from 30 years of technology, they are not a "sports car" they are fun out of the box and easily modified, if you want the same car as every other 17 year old dork, half of them have cars that "handle like it's on rails" because they got a coil over kit on ebay and they have no idea what their spring rates are because they didn't know that half the point of coil overs is they are tunable to car and driver preference

sorry just kinda bugged me