HybridZ

Something Different....

EvilC

I did not know where to post this on the site so I decided to post in where I have been doing all of my questioning. I have been a big fan of this site for months now and the more I am here is the more I learn. The difference with this post is that it has nothing to do with the hobby I am getting into but the career I am pursuing. As a college student, I have been taught to use all resources to reach a goal. It finally dawned on me that the same family of guys, who help me with my car situation, can most likely help me with one of the biggest career builders ...an internship! I currently attend Alfred University located in upstate NY, and I am studying to earn my degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minor in Business and Electrical Engineering. I just figured someone here might work for a company looking for a college student or know someone who knows someone, that kind of thing. Any info or advice would be a great help and deeply appreciated. Thank you all for taking the time out to read this and I hope you all have a great year.

Clive

Well Clive you like cars. Build one and document what problems you tackled thoughly in depth. Create a detailed portfolio of some kind. Look into areas you know nothing about at all. Be vulnerable. Do your own internship. It shows way more leadership skills and true loyal passion beyond just having a degree like everyone else. You can study and try many things... and with out spending a lot of money. For ten years I have worked the motorcycle biz as a designer. People who persue such outside projects, beyond being hobbies are what we always look for. Something different....Someone with passion... It wins out everytime.