HybridZ

Anyone heard of the Ariel Atom?

RPMS

Very interesting car! I think I would be concerned about the lack of protection below the bottom frame rail...it looks like the only thing protecting your bottom (butt) is the floor pan assy. OK, it might be a CF piece, substancial enough for impact protection.

Had my brother in law stay over new years. One of his good friends is a driving instructer and racer in the local gt3 series. Anyway he gets to drive a lot of cool cars when training people and does a lot of work on scaring the local media when something fun is imported and needs some advertising. To cut out the boring bit the in law was able to drive the atom back from Pukekohe race track back to auckland. About a 50 min drive. He said it was the fastest thing he had driven and it felt like his fford on the road. Also said that he couldnt wear a helment because it was getting ripped back buy the wind so he had to wear sunnies and continue to pick bugs out of his eyes. On normal roads it aparently is very difficult to keep in a straight line do to bumps and tram lining. Think I will stick with the zed.

Douglas