HybridZ

2JZ-GTE Pistons?

Guest Cronic

Has anyone mated the MK4 supra pistons up with the L28ET rods? Im curious if these would be an inexpensive alternative to an 800 dollar set of forged pistons...

Does anyone know the wrist pin height on the 280zx pistons?

maybe tryinga Supra forum, anyone know one any good? or call a toyota dealer ( or better two componies to verify) and asks them. that might work right ?

Then there is the question if the dont differ for the diffrent markets....

but its a good idea for sure !

Thanks for you help man, I was hoping to find the pin heigh similar, but alas I read it was not.

The DSM pistons wouldn't work because they are 84mm diameter I believe. :(

I guess the only way to go would be forged.

The reason I wanted to use the MK4 pistons is because they're known to support over 900rwhp with out a hitch. The MK3's would do 700 but are way to small of a bore (83mm) and also the pin height wont match.

I like the fact that stock rods will hold over 500rwhp on our motors, so Im keeping those, and the crank.

I've decided just to go with stock 280 pistons, and stock bore. I'm just going to have to save up for forged pistons to put on my spare set of rods.

Thanks again man. :)

That's a very useful table' date=' thanks Eric.

Can anyone tell me the big end dimensions of the L series rods (bore and width) in inches please.

Cheers,

Rob[/quote']

Rod width at the bid end is speced at 26.75mm.

Big end diameter (without bearing inserts) is 53.00mm.

However, the important parameter is bearing clearance at the crankpin so the bearing thickness is important. The thickness of a standard sized rod bearing is 1.5mm so the big end rod diameter with a standard bearing insert is 50.00mm.