HybridZ

l88 hoodscoop q's

olie05

Does the L88 hood scoop from MSA extend all the way to the end of the hood?

I ask because I saw this pic of it installed on a z and don't like it anymore...

http://drag.race-cars.com/carsales/other/1078343110/1078343110lf.htm

What I want is something that takes the z's hood bulge and extends that angle down into the hood and a hole in front of that and in front of the hole, a little lip...I don't want something that looks like an add on.

-Oliver

Please forgive me if I'm oversimplifying, but when you get it why dont you just line up the back edge of the scoop with the back edge of the hood? It will set the scoop further back but then it'll look a little more like a factory job, if that's what your going for. To me when the scoop if that far foreward it just doesn't look right.

I've discovered that there are several sizes of L88 scoops available from small (like this one) to very large like the one Speedway Motors sells. I'm going to use the Speedway part because it is larger and much more aggressive-looking. It is long enough to act as an air intake at the base of the windshield an an exit for the hot air coming off the radiator if you choose to open the front of the scoop to the engine compartment.

Good luck,

Al Keller

Please forgive me if I'm oversimplifying, but when you get it why dont you just line up the back edge of the scoop with the back edge of the hood? It will set the scoop further back but then it'll look a little more like a factory job, if that's what your going for. To me when the scoop if that far foreward it just doesn't look right.

Thats not the look I want... I actualy want the front opening of the l88 hoodscoop to line up with the front edge of the bulge on the original z hood, and the back opening of the l88 hoodscoop as pictured above in the link, to function as a cowl induction opening.