HybridZ

fix the l28et or get a vq30det

randy 77zt

my 77 has had a l28et in it for about 9 or 10 years.after lots of abuse and trying to keep old datsun electroncs working it blew a head gaskit last winter.after estimating cost to put aftermarkit efi system,injectors,lm1 unit to tune it its going to be some bucks to make it run like a late model car.there is a jdm engine place about 80 miles away that has a 98 nissan gloria front clip for $1500.clip is very complete -even has radiator .engine is a vq30det with 5 speed auto trans.the nissan gloria=infinety q 45 with a turbo v6 since the japanese tax on engine displacment.i have mig welder ,drill press,saws and do some fab work any way.the auto trans wouldnt bother me-since the population growth in my town all you do is sit at stop lights.and turbos and auto trans work good together-stab and steer.if i do this i have lots of l28et stuff to sell.

I say do the head gasket and get the standalone, the spares that youve told me about mean you can blow more than headgaskets. 1500.00 will get you the standalone and 300+ hp will make you forget all about a gloria.

Or, do the gloria, and make an extra set of engine mounts for me.