HybridZ

LT1 starting circut relay capacity

hanomon

According to the service manual schematic on the starting circut, the drawing identifies this only as the ignition relay. No mention of Ampers rating. So my question is two fold.

With two 60amp rated wires entering and one exiting, what would be the amp capacity rating? and what type of relay would this be? DPST, SPDT, or DPDT.

The old Datsun relay is only a 10amp circut. I'm sure I would fry it if used.

Thanks,

Dave

Is that the circut to the starter seloinoid? All of my circuts for the lt-1 were mainly to control the PCM. Mostly low amp stuff. The biggest fuse I have in my chevy fuse box in my Z is 20 amps and that if for the fan. I use the datsun start circut to power the starter.

Hope that helps. If not post a circut diagram and I'll compare it to what I have done. Mark

Tim,

Lol dude you would not believe the day to day goings on in this house!

First off I'm closer today then I was yesterday to starting this car.

It has been quite a learning expierence, as I'm typically a nuts and bolts guy. These relays and this high tech stuff gives me slight nogin'-throbin.

Don't get me wrong, I'm having a blast with it all!

Reason the two 60amp fuses feed the ignition switch is they go to a DAB or (delayed accessories bus).

I won't be needing all those bells and whistles so, I've decided to use those circuts for other accessories. Door popers, windows, tunes etc.

About the ballcap/shirt offer, my bank has confirmed the deposits from Paypal so I'll be confirmed soon and you will have my contribution.

Mahalo and Aloha.

Dave