HybridZ

anyone use these spacers/adapters?

yep, I use the two piece 4 to 5 lug adaptors. I've had them on my car for 5 yrs with no problems, even doing standing start launches with a stroker turbo motor...

http://www.ezaccessory.com/.sc/ms/dd/1105713363542254/9/nc/Wheel%20Adapters/124/Wheel%20Adapter%204%20Lug%204%2E5%26quot%3B%20To%205%20Lug%204%2E5%26quot%3B%20Thickness%202%26quot%3B

Guest Maxwell

J. Soileau,

What size wheels are you running with the adaptors? And backspacing... I'm at the point of the build where I need to roll her around, so it's time to buy the wheels but I have to decide what to do...

Chooses;

1) 5 lug hub changeover, with spacers and 5 lug wheels (8in wide)

2) spacers/adaptors (stock to 4x100) with 4 lug wheels (7in wide)

3) 4to 5 lug adaptors with 5 lug wheels (8in wide)

I still don’t know what to do… Any advice

Thanks,

Max

J. Soileau' date='

What size wheels are you running with the adaptors? And backspacing... I'm at the point of the build where I need to roll her around, so it's time to buy the wheels but I have to decide what to do...

Chooses;

1) 5 lug hub changeover, with spacers and 5 lug wheels (8in wide)

2) spacers/adaptors (stock to 4x100) with 4 lug wheels (7in wide)

3) 4to 5 lug adaptors with 5 lug wheels (8in wide)

I still don’t know what to do… Any advice

Thanks,

Max[/quote']

I would scrounge and atleast use Z31 parts in the front and redrill the rear flanges and drums to run 5 lug. You can do it cheap if you keep the rear drums. I originaly bought adapters to run 4x100 and wish I had wider so I had to start all over to do the 5 lug.

I think it looks like poop when you see drums thru a nice set of custom wheels. For that reason, I'd swap atleast over to disc in the rear.

I have 17x7.5 rims with coilovers. The offset is 42mm I think, and there is loads of room still to the springs.

But with my 235/45/17 tires, they have touched the lip on deep dips in road.

I wish I would've known what I know now.... I woulda got maybe a 45mm offset, if that woulda moved the wheel towards the diff more. Then I coulda went 8" rim with a 245 or 255 tire in the rear....

Why not redrill your stub axle it's cheap and strong plus you can go chevy (4.75) I like that deep offset look.

trick Z

My whole purpose in swapping to the two piece 5 lug, was to get away from the dish look. I like the modern wheel look. Plus, with the 5 lug, 5 on 4 1/2 pattern, I have a ton of wheel options.

To each his own.... thats what makes it fun...:-D

I use adaptors similar to Joel's with no problems.

I'm a convert to the "Shallow Dish" look (See my website for the old deep dish era) , and absolutely love the huge amount of wheel options afforded by being able to use the Mustang bolt pattern/backspace.