NPR Intercooler

3" exhaust. 2.5" custom DP

Stock L28ET 270cc injectors & fuel rail

MSD fuel pump

84 Z31 ECCS and wiring harness.

Boost was set at 10 psi.

Timing at 19 degrees BTDC.

Fuel pressure- stock

I am very happy with these results. I am right at the limit of the stock injectors. There is not much to do from here without upgrading the ECU and injectors, which is my next round of upgrades.

Congrats...I bet it is great to truly see on paper the true # you have gained from all the work you have done.

I really want to go with the ecu upgrade...infact I just bought a 1988 300zx Turbo parts car less engine that has all wiring both standard and auto turbo ecu. I have some honey do's to get done before I can try to do it....

Like your turbo upgrade ....

You are right with that turbo all you need are larger injectors...possibly the 1989 and later maf upgrade and if you know how to tweek the ecu (which I don't have a clue) to accomidate said maf... Let the good times roll.

I take that back you could add a hair more psi if you had an adjustable fuel regulator (set at say 44psi)...but do that when you take the next step on mods...

Very nice, you have a setup for alot more potential with injectors and a ecu. Get your hands on a 87-89 ecu, a z32 maf and some 480cc ford injectors. Contact BernardD about a reprogramming and the next thing you know you'll be pushing the limits of the turbo! (either that or the engine block)

You can also use a ford mustang cobra maf as well..

You can add quite a bit of base timing at that psi. I've run 27+deg base setting at that psi. with no knock. Did you get the afr's logged? And what trim is the exhaust wheel?

Bernard

Well' date=' I am running 8.8:1 CR, so I can't be quite that aggressive on the timing. I've been running 19-20 degrees with no ping at all at 10 psi. At 22-23 degrees, I get pinging at 10 psi. At the dyno, I started at 19 degrees, and my intention was to advance it between pulls. However, a stupid problem with the alternator killed all my time to make adjustments between pulls (I didn't want to pay for more than 1/2 hour this time around).

When I re-burn my ECU, the plan is to be a little more generous on timing off-boost, while keeping conservative settings at high boost.

I didn't get the AFRs logged. They wanted an extra $99, which I would rather put towards my own wideband. I have a narrow-band in car. Although not as accurate as a wideband, it has shown to be sensitive enough for my own purposes (for now).

The turbo is a T3/T04E, stageIII 0.63 A/R ex. 57 trim .50 A/R comp, internal gate.

At the time of the dyno, the turbo was a little slow spooling, which is probably a wastegate issue. I think this is reflected in the slope of the torque curve.

How many miles are on your L28?

Only 800 miles on this engine after rebuild.