HybridZ

HELP! Where to Hoist From.

Zhadman

Well, I've got my RB26 home! Good news that. The problem I'm having now is picking hoist points. I'm a bit wary of lifting from the head. So right now she's sitting in the back of my truck with the hoist positioned to remove. Any suggestions?

Thanks Matt! We figured those were the lift points, but I couldn't get my chains to work with them. We managed to get it out of the truck and onto the stand... so I'm okay now. I'm going to machine up some pieces that I can mount to those points to accomodate my hoist.

• 5 months later...
Guest JAMIE T

So I was bored this morning and started looking through old threads.

I made a plate that bolts to the top of the engine. Down the spark plug valley. I used all of the holes that hold down the stock coils. I think it is 7 or 8, 8mm bolts. I had it hanging from the hoist for days like that. I'll post a pic if I get over to the shop today.

That sounds like a good idea Jamie. I used the stock lifting points (on the right-front and left-rear sides of the head) and had a heck of a time getting it to stay level. Leveling front-rear was no issue, but side to side was. The '26 has a lean to it naturally and this, atleast visually, exacerbates the issue.

Have you tried to mock the motor up in the engine bay yet? I'd be interested to see how well your solution works.

Guest JAMIE T

The motor is still on the engine stand, but I don't recall there being any issues with side to side leveling while it was hanging in the air. I biased the "hook" to the turbo side where the extra weight is.