HybridZ

MSA Front Airdam

Tx1021

Had a few quick questions about the MSA Front Airdam Part Number 50-1409 which I am considering putting on my 76 280z.

1. I have seen several posts about people not too happy with the quality of the MSA kits and was wondering if it is a concern as this is the only peice i will be using?

2. Will a body shop have to install this piece or is it simply bolt on?

3. The information on the MSA site says it has "bumper detail" does that mean that it works without the stock front bumper, as mine has been removed?

4. Does anyone have a picture of this part installed on a car?

Thanks for the help.

I have one on my 260 and it fit very well. I had big problems with fit on the rear bumper and side skirts. If these parts could fit as well as the front bumper I would have been a very happy camper. The mounting of this part is simple and easy to align. All you need is a drill and a set of wrenchs to install.

dsf4uh.jpg

not to hyjack the thread, but would any of you guys that have the 75-78 Z cars still have the lower valance (left, right, and center piece) off their car? I'd like to use it instead of my 240 style valance, with the under bumper blinkers, cause I like the larger opening to help out with my rather large IC I now have.

I have a perfect set of 240 pieces I'll trade for the 280 pieces, or buy them from you, but must be strait and no rott....

thank you, and back to the regular scheduled programing.... :shock:

I have the later lower valance and ends. But I am not sure it will fit a 240Z.

I tried to put the 240 stuff on my 280 and ran into more problems than it was worth.

I went with the MSA Aero front end, it can use some tweaking but I modified a lot anyway.