HybridZ

Planning on using a VH45DE and TT tranny? Come in here please

mtcookson

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mugen405
Anyone actually get the tt trans adaptor? Very interested, vh45s go for 400-500 out here.

Out where? I've been having difficulty sourcing one for under a grand.

I have two or more places that I can source one from. Attarco, an engine importer/supplier locally had a 439.95 sale a while back. IF I can score one out of the junkyard it cant be more than that either. I just saw a later model version of the q freshly hauled into the yard. I would definitely love to drop a nice stockish 4.5 and a 5 speed into my 75, 280NA hp and the gears of the TT trans and a good LSD could make for some nice doriftos.

lost/450ZXTT has had one made for his project (Twin Turbo VH45DE Z32) - http://www.freewebs.com/axepower/

he already has the design and everything since he has it done on his car so it should be pretty easy for his machinist to throw together quite a few more since they know exactly what to do.

i think probably the biggest benefit is these will most likely be cheaper than what most machinists could do it for by making just one (unless you're really good friends with one or are a machinist yourself).

Guest Mugen405
lost/450ZXTT has had one made for his project (Twin Turbo VH45DE Z32) - http://www.freewebs.com/axepower/

he already has the design and everything since he has it done on his car so it should be pretty easy for his machinist to throw together quite a few more since they know exactly what to do.

i think probably the biggest benefit is these will most likely be cheaper than what most machinists could do it for by making just one (unless you're really good friends with one or are a machinist yourself).

Yeah, I'm pretty good friends with the machinist, and might be able to get the parts made for the cost of materials and a couple sixxers. ;)

Would 'lost' be willing to share the design? Again, I'm not trying to cut into anyone's business, just trying to maximize my $$

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-73852.html

this is a brand new crate engine, 2400 with zero miles and he cant get rid ofit, but then again I didnt see how long ago that was. Hayward California-home of the buttcheap automotive parts.

My interest is peaking, I just picked up a nice 75 280z and was planning a turbo conversion of some sort, but Ive driven a few q45s and think the acceleration is awesome, I think it would make a strong setup based on reliability, american parts availability, and I guess on my side of the rock-COST. I would love to have a stick behind it, thats been the main thing holding me back on vh.

I have two or more places that I can source one from. Attarco, an engine importer/supplier locally had a 439.95 sale a while back. IF I can score one out of the junkyard it cant be more than that either. I just saw a later model version of the q freshly hauled into the yard. I would definitely love to drop a nice stockish 4.5 and a 5 speed into my 75, 280NA hp and the gears of the TT trans and a good LSD could make for some nice doriftos.

actually, Q guys claim closer to 300-310 hp stock and 315-330 tq. (this is due to the engine originally being tested without VVT to keep the numbers under 280 hp since it was in japan. they added the VVT which added quite a bit of power. the claims have been proven by quite a few dynos).

it would definitely be fun with a 5-speed tranny... the auto box just doesn't do it for me. plus that torque converter weighed a **** load, well over 50 pounds. a nice light flywheel and clutch setup will make this engine rev real well.

Yeah' date=' I'm pretty good friends with the machinist, and might be able to get the parts made for the cost of materials and a couple sixxers. ;)

Would 'lost' be willing to share the design? Again, I'm not trying to cut into anyone's business, just trying to maximize my $$[/quote']

hmm... i'm not sure actually lol. you can e-mail him at onlytrue@hotmail.com.

What does the adaptor plate go for. And the oil pan. is it a pretty shallow rear sump design? I have a feeling it would be need to be a pretty shallow design to fit in s30. I want to build for 280hp for roughly 2800lb car, so no turbos now.

http://www.attarco.com/enginesale.htm

scroll down' date=' read em, and weep[/quote']

looks like they only have the VH41... defiinitely wouldn't be top choice for a VH. probably the best performing VH's are the 90-93 but you'll have to check the timing chain guides to see if they have been replaced with the newer metal backed guides.

What does the adaptor plate go for. And the oil pan. is it a pretty shallow rear sump design? I have a feeling it would be need to be a pretty shallow design to fit in s30. I want to build for 280hp for roughly 2800lb car, so no turbos now.

it'll be 500 dollars and that includes the bolts and flywheel spacer. for the oil pan lost also had one made for his swap. you might contact him to see how he designed it to see if it'll work for the s30 swap. i'm planning on going with a dry sump setup with mine so didn't need the pan.

most likely it should be the same... i'm not positive but i bet all nissan did was change the bore and stroke of the vh45 to get the 4.1 liters.

it'll definitely be down on the power and potential... but i bet it would still be strong as hell. there's a page floating around online that has some info on a guy swapping a vh41 into a 240sx :D

edit: yeah, it looks like they destroked it a little bit for the decrease in displacement. appears to be a 76 mm stroke compared to the vh45's 82.7. the bore stays the same at 93 mm on both engines.

with the stroke being a bit less i bet that engine could be made to rev quite high.... that'd be pretty fun to do :D

I estimateThe vh41 will make about 40hp more than stock when converted to five speed and tuned. Exhaust with a ton less restriction minus two cats.

Open the intake and take noise filtering things out of the intake stream.

I plan to run standalone ems for full tuning of ignition and fuel curve, which takes the 6600 fuel cut and 144mph speed governer out of the equation. Converting to a stick takes the torque converter, hydraulic brake (auto trans), and associated electronics out of the equation as well. I have a feeling the engine will make 300hp at the wheels with proper tuning and stock cams. Once I get it running right emphasis is putting it all to the ground in the turns.

My engine and trans is going to be on the ground next week, its time...

Have to put it off for a while, most likely wont be using this engine in my z, I have to plan it for a time when I can devote more time to something that custom. I am in the process of picking up an alternative engine choice thats pretty common I guess, heaven can wait (sigh). I would like to try swapping q motor into my s13 chassis down the road. silfiniti.com has a little info about that conversion. Bummer about the attarco engines is no accesories.

• 3 weeks later...