HybridZ

Planning on using a VH45DE and TT tranny? Come in here please

mtcookson

Lost has done a VH45DE swap into a Z32 and use the TT tranny so he has made up a bell housing conversion plate to make it all work out. He can have these made for us but to do so he's looking to get at least 7-8 people together who would want the piece. Otherwise, he can't really sell it by itself and will only come with the kit he has for the Z32 (which is badass in itself... conversion plate, twin turbo headers, oil pan setup, etc. very nice work there man!)

If any of you guys are looking to do this at all, please reply in here so we can possibly get something going. The conversion plate thing has been giving me many headaches as I know it has a couple other guys looking to do this swap so this will solve many of our issues. My main problem is there are no local machine shops since I live in the Middle-of-nowhere, KS... kind of bites... lol.

So yeah, just post a reply so we can see how many guys are interested and see if we can possible get this going. Thanks guys!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not easier to put in the car per se, but it will make it a whole lot easier to mount up the 300ZX Twin Turbo transmission to this engine. It will probably save people many headaches trying to get someone to machine one from nothing.

The nice thing about using the TT tranny with this engine is that the TT flywheel bolts right to the crank. That way you can just get a TTZ clutch kit and bolt it right up. No messing with different splines on the tranny or anything like that.

Probably not easier to put in the car per se' date=' but it will make it a whole lot easier to mount up the 300ZX Twin Turbo transmission to this engine. It will probably save people many headaches trying to get someone to machine one from nothing.

The nice thing about using the TT tranny with this engine is that the TT flywheel bolts right to the crank. That way you can just get a TTZ clutch kit and bolt it right up. No messing with different splines on the tranny or anything like that.[/quote']

exactly.hey,mtcookson,gimme a call (678)698-7426.

450zxtt

vh45dett power,baby.

After some issues with with my stage III Z32TT transmission I have decided to go with a bullet proof T56 trans. As you mentioned the flywheel bolts right up to the VH45DE crankshaft. But I have found that the starter is about 1/4" too short to fully engage on the ring gear! Is it the Fidenza aluminum flywheel or did yo also find this problem?

In this case I would need to move the flywheel closer to the block for the starter pinion to engage on the ring gear. Or I may need to find a starter with a longer nose. The T56 requires the starter be mounted on the engine not with the trans as in the Z32.

the only downside with the T56 is you'd have to almost mix and match to get the correct clutch setup (correct spline count and size of the input shaft, correct bolt patter on the flywheel for the clutch, and correct bolt pattern on the flywheel for the crank).

I am interested in these parts also, not for a Z32 ,but an S30 chassis.I keep getting kicked out of import events for having a domestic drivetrain(bunch of little crybabies!),but a VH45(nissan) and zxtt tranny(nissan),would meet all their crybaby rules and most likely kick some ass.I'm thinkin a 200 shot of nitrous instead of turbos for simplicitys sake and a bit lower weight.So put me on the parts list as it comes along.I'll be watching this thread.

roughly 500 dollars, this would include the conversion plate, the bolts, and the flywheel spacer. definitely a good since you don't have to make your own design from scratch and try finding someone who'll actually take the time to do it.

if 500 is ok with you let me know and i'll add your name to the list.

Guest Mugen405
roughly 500 dollars' date=' this would include the conversion plate, the bolts, and the flywheel spacer. definitely a good since you don't have to make your own design from scratch and try finding someone who'll actually take the time to do it.

if 500 is ok with you let me know and i'll add your name to the list.[/quote']

I'm still in the 'planning' stages of my project, so I can't commit to it yet, but now that I know the cost I can budget for it. Sounds like a decent deal.

Out of curiousity, where is the machinist located? I've got a friend who runs a machine shop here in Oklahoma who may be interested in the project. Not sure what he would charge without knowing the specs, but it's possible I may be able to get him to make them one at a time. Just an idea, not trying to piss on anyone else's business or anything....