HybridZ

2 5/8 gauge pod??

Guest 240zJake

Also' date=' if you're looking for a mounting location, I've heard of some people using a Miata a pillar pod ( with a little modifiaction) on early 240Z's pillars. What I did was to remove the drivers side round vent in the dash and put a 2 5/8" guage in the hole. It's a perfect fit.[/quote'] From this post:

Doing autometer gauging in my Z, need suggestions on fuel gauge... details inside

Hope it helps ;)

Well then how about

this

and

this

They recommend the miata or z32 pillar pod modified...

Jake

This is my car now... I'm not looking for "a" pod' date=' I'm looking for a pod for 2 5/8 gauges.

The one in my car now is for 2"

[img']http://zdriver.com/gallery/data/500/3101Im000475_a.jpg[/img]

I've got a bunch of gauge pods and pillars just waiting for the Z mock up for CF(carbon fiber) .....I'm not sure which sizes I have there for the project.

I also have the gauge pod mocked up nicely on top(sunk) into the steering column cover. I guess it could be made to hold as big as 2 5/8's and have extra area to trim for that. Would fit smaller ones as well !

I mess with them while waiting for Epoxy to kick.........we'll see how far along I get with them if your interested ?

................Vinny

J. Soileau 74260zt:

just to be sure' date=' which pillar is that you're using. It looks like a clean fit! What did you have to do to get it in there so nicely?[/quote']

Jamie, I've been asked this a ton of times, and kick myself in the rectum for not being able to remember which pod I bought rant2.gif

I did have to heat it up and "adjust" it abit, and trim a spot here and there...

I seem to get the gut feeling it is a honda or 240sx application.

Sorry, thats the best this troubled mind can remember... :-P:-P

Hey I understand. I just ordered a Miata pod because it seemed to be mentioned the most in the searching I did.

I take it you will already be replacing the 3 oem guages with your new units....? I've also seen a Z (I think it was here on hybridz) that had a custom panel with guages mounted overhead, above the rear view mirror and next to the sun visors. It looked pretty slick and allowed room for 2 or 3 additional guages. Just a thought.....