HybridZ

supercharging l28

big-phil

OK I'm always thinking, so here we go. after looking on e-bay, what if I bought an aftermarket supercharger, made brackets to fit on my 78 fuel injected L28 motor, and forced air into the intake. Would I get a horse power increase? Would the computer know whats going on with the increase in air?

if you are a pick&pull kind of guy look at a early 90's tbird sc.there are 4 big holes tapped into the block of l28 on left side for ac compressor brackit.mount could go on there.the stock efi wont give enough fuel.would need at least a z31 maf efi system and bigger injectors or aftermarkit efi system.do you like to weld-fab?this is what hybrid z is about.

I can weld, fab anything, but after talking to Tim78et, and riding in his 78 with an L28et motor, and hearing that turbo wizz, and the blow off valve blowing air, I'm hooked! I am now in surch of an L28et motor!! If anyone in Texas, or near by states has one let me know.

Guest tomindallas

Big-Phil,

I think I've got what you want here in McKinney - turbo motor, manifolds, stock turbo, aftermarket computer, the whole package in my garage waiting for you and your pickup.

You can reach me at tom_whipple@yahoo.com if interested.

-TominDallas

If you wait a couple of weeks, Sport Z Magazine will have an article on a custom made supercharged 280Z. Here is a paragraph of what it will be about.

It might appear that Sport Z's project 280Z has been in hibernation, with only a short update in our Summer 2004 issue. But that would be a big mistake, sort of like poking a 1,l00-lb grizzly to see if he's still hunkered down for the winter. SZM's Ken Jones has been busy in his garage over these past few months building a devastatingly powerful L-Series motor: a supercharged L6. All the gristly details--custom fittings, install tips, dyno results, and even info on how you might be able to get your hands on a first-gen supercharger kit--are all right here in our latest Project 280Z installment.

The Summer issue will have a update on the car and how it performed on the track.

Just an FYI