HybridZ

Blue twin turbo Z?

Guest dancaprar

Well it sounds like a design flaw in that SPECIFIC tranny... I can tell from first hand experience that BW makes an EXCELLENT 5 speed and their T56 stands on the legs of many race wins in the Viper' date=' Vette, Mustang, and Fbody ranks... Not to mention the numbers of BW trannies in truck applications...

Sorry, but this sounds like a model specific issue...

Mike[/quote']

i know its model specific but for borg warner to be dumb enough to put a bearing with a load rating less than what the engine can do... that's just absolute stupidity.

i've also heard that the older T5's were pretty bad as well. it seems a lot of Z31 guys complain about them.

• 4 months later...
Guest dancaprar

Im gonna have to say sorry to auxilary and all the guys that r sick of the car but does anybody have any updates? Just wondering what is going on with it. I have checked out the site but i havent seen any new pics or vids or anything of that sort. Just curious.

Dan

i know its model specific but for borg warner to be dumb enough to put a bearing with a load rating less than what the engine can do... that's just absolute stupidity.

i've also heard that the older T5's were pretty bad as well. it seems a lot of Z31 guys complain about them.

I've been dragging with a T5, as several Colorado Z people, and we all agree it's a fine transmission. I much prefer it to the Nissan unit, which seems to break under duress more often. And you can't beat the aftermarket shifter support.

I'm sorry to waste you guys' time with such a newbie question, but what is the vh45dett?

I mean, what did they put it in and what are the specifications on it??

I've never heard of it and I'm dissapointed because I thought I knew my nissan motors.

sorry/thanks again.

Guest ON3GO

guys the car was featured in CarBoy and Options in japan and it show pics of it on the track tearing it up. said it ran 10.32 in the 400m's.

mike