HybridZ

Brake vacumn pump

I've done several searches and still haven't come up with an answer on this one-

Is there an aftermarket or OEM electric pump to increase vacumn pressure for my brake booster? I looking for a company name or vehicle I can get it off of at the junkyard.

I already have a vacumn can but with just one leg off the triple carb intake it isn't seeing enough pressure. I could take it off and tap out one or more legs and do a common collector tube and I will if the pump idea isn't available or someone suggests against it.

I have the stock vac boost and the 15/16 MC and SS lines. I will be swapping out my 4X4 fronts to wilwoods this spring. I might just get a reman boost unit too (service manual suggests replacing after 100k I seem to remember). Thanks.......

It's listed in Summit's website not the catalog. Stainless Steel Brakes Corp. Unit# 28146 (ssb-28146) and lists for $259.95. Nice installation/info package too.

The other site has the same kit but it's $10. more. Liked the site and it had some interesting items.

I'll run some tests on the my vacumn system to verify that the current booster holds vacumn for at least 3 mins and see exactly what pressure I'm getting off the intake.

I'm located about 25 miles northwest of Boston and we have about 30-36 inches of that white stuff (snow not road salt - that we have about 4-5 inches). It's winter in New England, no big deal. The Cape and the towns near it got hit with between 30-40 inches and another 9 last night. The street corners are the worst since you can't see traffic due to the piles of snow that tower over even my SUV.

Thanks for the help....