HybridZ

LS1-Edit and Dyno session on My Vette Yesterday

Mikelly

Yesterday, While Express Auto was setting Jim's car on fire, I went up to Frederick, Maryland to MSP Motorsport Performance, where the local F-body club was hosting Jeff Creech for some custom tuning.

The mods I made to my car were simple bolt ons that a lot of folks claim will make XY&Z power... I posted on another board last week that I'd be happy to see a nice flat torque curve from off idle to redline and about 330WHP. I had a couple of guys PM me and tell me I was shooting TO LOW... But I knew better. Anyway, We put my car on the rollers after the following mods:

LGM 1 3/4 LTs

SLP Cats

Hand farbicated Xpipe

Volant CAI

LS6 intake

Shaner Ported Tbody

full 3inch exhaust

Borla Stingers

I wanted a SAFE tune for extended periods at Wide open throttle. Last September when I was at Summit Point, by half way through the session I was getting popping in the exhaust and I had thought it was a lean condition. But now we think it was raw fuel being dumped into the exhaust and igniting! The car was pig rich on the baseline run, before the tune! Anyway, I had Jeff get my tune safe (According to him the 99s have some issues that need to be cleaned up anyway!) and in the process he got my broad torque curve, which really was amazing... I'm pretty much making 300#ft. of torque everywhere from about 900RPMs to redline... My peak was bouncing between 350-353# from about 2000-4400RPMs! Great for road course stuff! I made a peak of 334.5HP and the tune is now such that as the temps increase, the car will dial back and slow down a bit, but I can run a full track day without worry of damaging it.

I also got to take a ride in a 544WHP supercharged Z06... Holy Crap... That thing was a BEAST! I want one!

Jeff is only about 30-40 minutes south of VIR if anyone wants to get their car tuned the day before the VIR weekend. I had originally booked time at his shop for Friday Feb. 11th, but he was closer to me yesterday (And this weekend) so I took advantage of the time... So now there is time available!

Carolina Auto Masters

113 S. Elizabeth St.

Durham, 27701

Tel: 919-680-3966

And Jody (JBC3) came up to hang out for a while, which was good for me to hang out with familiar faces! Good to see you Jody!

Mike

Took this thing out for a little shake down run on Saturday and drove it through some less populated back country roads for about 45 minutes... This car is making so much more usable power now that it is amazing... 335Whp is what, 385FHP? THink is pulling like a freight train!

Mike

I'm jealous...wish I had one. I used to think "eh, just another vette" when I saw one, but for some reason, the C5's REALLY grew on me. I don't really like the C6 (well, exterior anyways) but that C5 is just downright SEXY while looking aggressive and having the performance to back it up. Those cars have so much potential, it's unreal. Now stock, a C5 really isn't much to brag about IMO, but after some minor upgrades, those babies will really open up. Congrats