HybridZ

MS on my RB?

DETurbine

Just curious if anyone is running the Mega Squirt on their RB20/25/26?

I know that Mega Squirt doesn't have the option and ability to tune distributorless motors yet (from what I have researched), but I have heard that they might with the new software. This is the route that I will be going for my RB25DET, since it is a great system and cheap ($250). Have been talking to my friend whom is knowledgeable with piggybacks and so on and he was thinking of keeping my stock ecu in the car and just running the MS as a piggyback. He told me that even if they do not come out with the new software for the distributorless motors, that the stock ecu should correct it's timing and we can just adjust the fuel, knock, boost, two step, etc from the MS. Just wanted to know your guys opinion on what I plan on doing with this and if you guys know of any other news on the ignition (for distributorless motors), or any other way that I might be able to control my ignition.

Also is he right when he says that once you get to a certain power level, that the ecu's actually starts to correct itself and we will not have to worry about it really?

Zach

Also is he right when he says that once you get to a certain power level, that the ecu's actually starts to correct itself and we will not have to worry about it really?

I have no idea what that statement means. Once you have your fuel maps tuned close enough to the actual engines volumetric efficiency, then a wideband can be used so the ECU adjusts itself.