HybridZ

240 silvia problems

Guest Bastyra

Guest Bastyra

Heya all. i have a friend whose goin to school with me at wyotech in PA right now. He has a 240sx w/ a s20 turbo conversion(very sweet conversion, i just love that sound from the turbo winding). But anyways, he moved up here from Texas which is where the car has spent its whole life. Now that he's in PA the temperatures and weather are drastically different. The problem is that the engine try's to cut out when its cold and even if its being fed gas it will still die. we've considered changing out fuel rails and even cutting the boost down some(he's running a bar right now) to see if it might help.

please if you know what could help out we'd GREATLY appreciate it.

sounds like maf is going out, may also have a leak somewhere in the intake stream.

also, srs and the like of jdm engines were designed and tuned on Japanese fuel, hp numbers are known to be lower here and sometimes it does effect performance.

Guest comeandzpa

Any significant time spent in PA will require winterization of the car. Make sure all the start-up components are good; I don't have an extensive knowledge of SR20s so I couldn't tell you exactly what to look for, but on the L28 it's good to have a new starter, distributor, plugs, etc. to ensure proper winter firing.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Its Probably The Maf Maxing Out.... The Air Is Denser In Pa Than In Texas And If He Is Running A 1 Bar The Maf Is Probably Maxing Out And Its Not Being Able To Read Properly. I Recommend If He Is Going To Be There For Any Period Of Time To Get A 300zx Maf And Retune It And The Problem Should Go Away.