HybridZ

Need Everyones Input On This Vr Mod

Corzette

Looks good, but you really can't do much to make a GTO look bad. I would really think you'd have some major cooling problems, though. That rad opening is tiny. Ferrari added the three "u" ducts for a reason. The original 427 Cobra prototype had a similar arrangement until they enlarged the radiator opening a bit.

edit: On second thought, the G-nose has a similarly sized opening, so it can be made to work...

Damn Dan! Thanks! I am just trying to be different with my next project. thats an awesome idea. I also thought about the VR front clip and your rear clip YZ? But After second thought The whole kit would be sweet on a hard top with the front and rear panels filled in. I would add some skyline rear tail lights too. I may be going back to Japan in the near future so I will be going to some junk yards. Oh yeah a sun roof is a must for a hard top as well. Anyone want to PHOTO SHOP the ideas?

Also with a Taurus fan I dont think cooling would be a problem. It is similiar to the GNOSE and wouldnt have a turbo or aircon condenser blocking the way....thanks for the replies...I think we are onto something here.

Terry

I wouldn't worry about cooling, I have not cut the opening out yet and I have not had any problems. I do have an aluminum 2 row radaitor and F-body fans, but they hardly ever run. My buddy suggested I close the rear recesses also, but I like them.

I like the front vents, but those rear quarter openings can definitely go. Can someone explain the purpose of those anyway? Whatever the purpose is supposed to be, I think it would look much cleaner without them.

My 1 cent (not enough to be worth 2 cents;) )

The side vents are there to exhaust air from the engine bay to prevent the same problem the Z cars have with high pressure under the hood causing a floaty front end.

I've kicked around the idea of adding side vents to my Z but I'm not sure where the holes would need to be in the front frame horns and how it would affect frame rigidity. Anybody have any thoughts on this.

BTW: I like the 3 small vents in the front and the side vents. I'd leave them if it were my car.

Wheelman

Ferrari was having a problem with the rear of the car getting light at LeMans (and spinning the tires @ 160 MPH) so openings were cut in the rear quarter panels to stop the air from getting trapped in the rear wheel opening and causing lift.

BTW, this was the first car to have a spoiler on the rear deck which was added for the very same reason - it's actually a pretty interesting story.

236622_7_full.jpg