HybridZ

Ordering 2 more MS setups

mobythevan

Looks like the time has come. I am ready to order two megasquirt setups. One is for my supercharged 454 and the other is for a TPI small block. I am going to order and build both at the same time. I had entertained the idea of ordering and building units for people on the board that may be intimidated with the ordrering process and finding some parts such as nylon screws, enclosures, dropping resistors etc. The thing is that the pre-assembled units you can buy for $249 are very nicely priced. I could only offer to assemble the units for $200 (save you $50), but you will still have to:

1. cut the end plates of the enclosure

2. screw the two mosfets to the enclosure end plate

3. provide your own LED grommets if you want them

4. connect vacuum tube to the MAP sensor yourself (where the pre-assembled untis already have a bulk head connector for that)

If anybody would be interested let me know, but I would suspect for the extra $50 you would probably go with the other pre-assembled units.

A couple things I could offer is to load settings for my current setup and test the unit on my car. Not sure if that would benefit many people. My soldering skills are very good. The units would also be tested on the stimulator.

This time I may try to stock up on dropping resistors so I can at least offer those to people on the board.

I wish you had done this sooner, I'd have bought 2, I got one running but still gotta swap the injectors and see how your new feul maps work out (thanks for those) and I am still not done with the second one, but it looks like more and more people are going for the MSNS

anyone thinking of doing this, I'd highly recomend saving yourself the pain in the arse and getting a complete programed unit unit from moby