HybridZ

Uti

Guest dancaprar

Guest dancaprar

Does anybody have any clue as to how much it would cost to graduate from UTI(Universal Technical School)? I am interested but impatient to find out tomorrow. So if I get an answer tonight that would be great, if not then I will just sit and twiddle my thumbs.

Thanx in advance,

Dan

Auto program alone costs 21k plus interest. Btw you better take it VERY SERIOUS if you want to learn anything and be very agressive about it. FYI if you want to get into manufacturer program (Jag, Bmw, Benz...) forget what they told you about requirements to get in one (ex. 3.0 GPA, 97% attendance, no field experince required...). I will tell you right now if you get to get into better program you will need at least 3.7 Gpa (thats on low side), attendance at 98-99% and six months of field experience and on top of that you will have to pass i belive its 120 questions entrance exam with ASE style questions. On the side note if you are 1min. late for class they are marking you out of 1/4 hour so dont forget how fast that add's up. Btw you can miss about 4-5 days in year and that will bring your attendance to 97-98% so before you potentionally throw your money away just think how hard you want this? I wanted it pretty hard so i moved 900 milles from home, i work full time and my usuall day is from 5:15am to 12:30am and with all that i have 4.0 gpa and 100% attendance which means that in almost five months that i have been going there i have not missed a single minute of school so keep that in your mind. I apologize for long post but when you get there you will see how many idiots go there and how easy its to get caried away. Hope that this gives you some idea about what you are to get into.

Ivan

Guest dancaprar

Thank you Ivan, that is exactly what i wanted to hear. I was under the impression that this was going to be some BS school that any jagoff could pass. The way you described it is exactly the type of school i would love to get involved in. Thank you for the information, you just made up my mind.

Guest austinlt1

I went to the houston campus for 9 phases, and only had 3 teachers worth a crap. The rest either felt that anything not in the class material was not worth discussing, (response to question about performance difference in rear end types was "I dont teach anything but oem". Or they looked unfavorably towards people who questioned their 'wisdom' (which was not a challenge, but a "i heard this, could you explain which is right and why?). So I caution you to seriously consider your options first.

BTW...when i left i had 3.9 gpa and 100% attendance. So I didn't slack out. I just felt that for the money i was paying the information was sorely lacking.

H.icon10.gif

I am planning on going to UTI Arizona in April. I just came back from visiting the campus. That new 25 million $$$ campus is way nice. I also visited AAI (Arizona Automotive Institute). They are pretty close to the same price but IMO there is NO comparison. UTI is WAY more high tech and up with the times.

Just an FYI it is not common for those looking for a true education to be disappointed when it comes to the college scene. I have attended two schools and am moving on to my third and last as we speak. I attended Ohio University in Athens, I payed alot of money to find that teachers were the ones not in class, they let class out far earlier then scheduled, they showed they could care less about your education or existance, and lots of them barely speak english. That being said, alot of your education comes from discipline and self education, and you do not always get what you pay for.

I would really have to reccomend going to Wyotech. in Laramie Wyoming.

I spent 15 months there, I took 6 months of auto, 6 months of custom fabrication, and 3 months of diesel.

I spent about $32,000

But if you want to learn custom fabrication, Wyotech is the way to go in my opinion.. Thier street rod shop has more tools than 99% of the Big name customizers.

Plus, wyotech is a 5 day a week, 8 hour a day deal. And now that i am out, i'm worrying about WHERE i want to work, rather than IF i will get work.

Joe