HybridZ

CTS Diff

Guest SCB1

I talked to a friend who is a heavy line tech at a Caddy dealership, the only issues he has seen thus far is whinning from the pinion & ring gear, no complete failure of the unit. And I picked up a spare diff for $25 (shusssh :) ), the case has a hairline crack that seeps oil (probably from hitting a curb or rock). So now I have one to mount and a spare for parts. The diff is definitely a posi, both sides turn in the same direction.

Maybe I'm treading into uncharted waters with this option, but seeing how rare and expensive the alternatives are perhaps some good will come from it as a new choice of diff. The CTS-V diff has a beefier case than the standard model but that car is pretty new and thus rare in salvageyards.

I'll take pics and notes as the process of mounting the diff proceeds, that will be in a month or two as there is engine machine work and transmission work to pay for first.

Mounting looks fairly straight forward if the points on that Caddy diff line up with your existing mustache bar, just drill a couple of holes and your there. I don't know what the axles look like but that is probably where the fun will be in getting this to work. Keep us posted.