HybridZ

Yet another Hybrid idea

blaze73

Just read this article about the new BMW 1 Series saying it has the worlds lightest gas 6 cyl engine....also used in the 330i and 630i, it has 258hp and 300Nm (221ft-lbs) of torque. Seems like this engine would be an excellent candidate for swapping into a Z. What does everyone think?

here's the article

http://www.carpages.co.uk/bmw/bmw-130i-09-02-05.asp?switched=on&echo=102606281

Edit: Now that i think about it, this new engine cant be all that different from the previous generation (E46?) engines...has anyone thought of putting a newer M3 engine in a Z? 330 hp and lots of torque...that would be an awesome swap IMO.

I would quess that many have had that same idea however, have you ever seen anything on a BMW that is resonably priced!!? Fine engines but you'll pay for sure and then you have to deal with the tranny ($$$) and the necessary wiring harness. It would be pretty cool though!

Just read this article about the new BMW 1 Series saying it has the worlds lightest gas 6 cyl engine....also used in the 330i and 630i' date=' it has 258hp and 300Nm (221ft-lbs) of torque. Seems like this engine would be an excellent candidate for swapping into a Z. What does everyone think?

here's the article

http://www.carpages.co.uk/bmw/bmw-130i-09-02-05.asp?switched=on&echo=102606281

Edit: Now that i think about it, this new engine cant be all that different from the previous generation (E46?) engines...has anyone thought of putting a newer M3 engine in a Z? 330 hp and lots of torque...that would be an awesome swap IMO.[/quote']

Been discussed here several times before. If you are interested in the discussion, do a quick search.

BTW....just about every engine (feasible or not) has been discussed.....