HybridZ

Anyone need headers for 4.3 V6 swap?

Guest HALLOWEEN Z

Guest HALLOWEEN Z

I just wanted to let anyone that is doing a 90 degree v6 swap in there z I have some custom headers that I don't need cause I swapped in a v8 now. I tried every header company I could find, including Sanderson and none would fit right. I have pics of them I can email but I have trouble everytime I try to upload pics. The pics are of the headers in the engine bay and I can take more up close. The headers actually go up then back and down so plug access is super easy. I have to ask $500 shipped $450 pickup for them cause thats what they costed to make and if they don't sell I'll keep them for a future project. I may be interested in a trade to like a pair of v8 vortech cylinder heads?

Vortech heads arent worth $500. You should be able to pick up a set of those heads for like $250.

Custom headers like you are describing are worth every penny, so dont take less than they are worth. I know I wouldnt sell my custom headers for anyless than it cost to make them!

Guy

hey just thought i would shoot some infor you to you guys.

a 4.3 is identcal to the gm 5.7

minus the front 2 cylinders

if you do the math you will see it comes out to a 4.275

of corse gm rounded it to a 4.3.

i have been told you can buy a gm 5.7 rebuild kit for less then one for a 4.3

go figure. i only know this becasue a friend of mine owns a small machine shop. and he buys kit for 5.7's insted because they are cheeper.

and he get to keep the extra parts.

any way my poin is. why buy headers for a 4.3?

if you can buy them for a 5.7 and cut off the end you do not use and cap it.

5.7 headers are cheeper. i have some block huggers for a 5.7 and yes they fit a 4.3

so if i wish i can even munt them up side down and cut off the end i do not use. ups side down would be great if some one wanted to put a turbo or two on.

if any one wishes i can take a picture for you to see they fit.

i would post them up for all to see but i'm not sure how.

Guest Nikolai

New to the board, but long time lurker.

I'm starting to peice together a car just described. 4.3, turbo, light weight 240. I think it'd be a nice combo. Any pics you guys have would be awesome. I'm still looking for a decent car and am trying to read anything I can on the 4.3 performance side. There are two hot rod magazine articles where they built up a cheap 4.3. It made 300 HP N/A and 500 vortec super charged. 400 with a turbo would be easy, and have it weigh less than a v8. TIA, Nikolai.

the only thing you may have over a v8 is weight so handling MIGHT be a bit better?

i doubt it, usually when a v8 goes in to a z it's monted fairly far back so you really do not loose handling.

once again "there is no replacment for displacment"

the 4.3 might be a bit esier to work on because it's smaller but thats about it.

the only probable reasion i have thought of putting a 4.3 in to a z is if you have a 300zx it would make for a much esier swap. due to lack of space a v8 does not fit in those as well as the 70-78 z's