HybridZ

RE: Stock Cylinder Head Studs.

Toysport

Tpysport, just for clarity purposes.....The stock L6 engines did not come stock with studs but instead used cylinder head bolts. Regarding the reuse of them.....I would say you will have no issues unless you plan to do modifications that will greatly increase combustion chamber pressures, ie; going to a turbo setup with high boost or very high compression with NA induction. Certainly, in any case, use a really good head gasket. Just my thoughts!

Can't think of a reason why not! You should be fine. Just be sure to clean out the threads in the block and the threads on the head bolts themselves so you will be able to obtain the correct torque upon reassembly...this is a standard practice. Once they've been cleaned well, apply a very light film of oil on the head bolt threads, just prior to assembly.

I just asked my engine bulder about this very issue. He said with the GM/Ford/Mopar V8 stuff he ussualy builds, it's not even a question. It's so cheep, you're asking for trouble by reusing them. Kinda like not replacing the a water pump... Looking at my Z engine though, he said it'd probly be just fine to reuse them; They are bigger/tougher than the typical domestic head bolts, and new 'nissan' ones are gona be a little pricy. I'm not going past 10:1 c/r or turbocharging either, only doing a cam, port matching intake/exhast, and SU carbs. Hell, he said he's re-used head bolts in chrysler 2.2 turbo engines with cranked boost and er... abusive driving :lol: and not blown head gaskets/motors..