HybridZ

Will my stock 1970 240Z radiator do, or do I need something bigger?

pjo046

I understand this is a two row unit? Will this do when I install a 280ZXT engine with T3/T04B, electromotive TEC3 etc? Or will I need a new one?

If this works fine, I'll save some money there. If not, I'll buy a aluminium one from MSA. Have anyone bought the non-polished one from them? Is it hard to polish yourself, or is it worth over 100$ extra to have it polished?

Guest bastaad525

I know some people on here run turbo motors with the stock 240z radiator... I know I've seen pics of this.

I made it a point to snag the radiator from the 280 ZXT donor car for my swap, it bolts right in to the 240, if I remember right (I may have had to drill 2 holes). It is working fine for me (see my setup in my sig). If you can get one of these or still have the donor car it'd work fine. I was even able to run it with the full radiator shroud and intercooler pipes.

No, unfortunately, I don't have a 280ZXT radiator available. Or any other radiator for that matter. And it's impossible to find a used one here in Norway. So which radiator do you guys suggest then? If I am to buy a new one anyway...

Yes, it is a bit colder here. But this car I am only going to use from april to october each year. In the middle of the summer, the temperature usually lies between 20 and 30 degrees celsius. Not sure how many degrees fahrenheit that is though.... :-)

So do you guys think that in such a climate, the two row 240Z radiator will hold up fine?

Wow, 25*C / 75*F is Arizona temps in the winter. I ran a 280ZX N/A radiator in 110-115* AZ heat with AC, don't know what that is in C* but it's melt your skin hot. It did get a little warm so I am running an AZC radiator now but 110* is alot hotter than 75*F. If it's in the car now and it's working good I wouldn't worry.

Guest bastaad525

I say if you can, if it's not urgent, go ahead and try it with the stock 240 radiator. I am SURE there are guys here who have run mild turbo setups with the stock 240 radiator. You are in a cooler climate so this will help. Obviously your setup will not be so mild :) so really it will depend on how you are driving it. If you're going to be driving 9/10ths on a racetrack, don't count on that radiator... you're really going to want to go aluminum. If your'e just going to drive normally, only getting on it briefly, you might be okay.