HybridZ

WooHoo!! Three days of therapy!!

jt1

It's been almost three months since I've been to the track, Dec. 10th, and I've had the itch for about two of them. Mark and Mike and all the TriZ guys were killing me talking about going to VIR in Feb, but I just couldn't make that one. The time is here; I'm going to Carolina Motorsports Park for three days, Fri with Turn One Motorsports, Sat and Sun with the Porsche boys. The car is ready; oil changes in motor, trans, and diff, run the valves, check timing, check frt wheel brgs, brake pads, flush and replace the brake fluid, check driveshaft and halfshaft bolts, vacumn the radiator, and give everything a good look. Tomorrow afternoon I'll load the car and all the stuff to go to the track, hook up the trailer and then hit the road about 4:30 Fri morning. To say I'm looking forward to it would be a huge understatement. Weather forecast is looking pretty good, highs near 60 with only a slight chance of rain Sat, so I'm hoping for a perfect spring weekend.

Maybe I'll come back with a better attitude!!!!!!!

John

Good to hear you are going to get to work out your anger issues. About time you got back out. I just finished putting the car back together and it works. At least it ran for about 5 minutes. I'm heading to VIR friday for a 2 day deal. I may have a line on another private day at Kershawin late march. You interested? I get some details and let you know.

Have fun and punish those German cars.

Mark

Mark, I'm glad you got yours running OK. Freshening the motor and dealing with the other problems in a month was a pretty good project, I know some late nights went into that. I hope it does well and you have a good trip. Let me know on the private day, I'm interested.

Mike, sometimes a group (10-20) gets together and rents the track for a day. Only six cars on track at at time, but you still get to run a lot. Last time my elbow was bloody from propping on the door going thru the carosel, I think I ran almost 4 hrs.

http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/

Cool place, in the sandhills of SC. Not as beautiful as VIR, but a track with both fast and technical sections that is challenging. I go there a good bit because it's only about a 2 hr pull, VIR is 4 hrs.

John

John,

That was a 10 day project. Rings bearings , clutch, starter, water pump, front rotors, pads, dust seals on the calipers and new tires for the track. I hope I'm done spending for a while. The wallet hurts.

Track day at Kershaw probably onthe 25th of March. I'll let you guys know some more details later if you are interested. About 4 hours of track time on a Friday.

Mark