HybridZ

Help Me Pick a Color!!!!!

Sparks280zt

Ok guys I am having a horrible time picking a color for my Z. First off its a 76 coupe and I am having the side markers shaved, all emblems shaved, running motorsport auto type II front end, and a 3 piece rear spoiler. I have narrowed the color selection down to two colors. Victory Red or Viper Blue. At first it was red then I went to blue then back to red...arrrrrrrrrrrr you can see the problems! The paint and body man told me red is bad to show body work and blue hides it somewhat better, anyways any input would be great!

Aside from black (THE worst), I'd say red is one of the colors you DON'T want to paint on a car that's had lots of body work. True, if the work is done properly, color doesn't matter, but the work literally has to be PERFECT or you will see imperfections/sanding marks/ect right away.

I got mine painted white because A; it was white to start with, and B; I'm not the greatest body man. The white did a great job of 'hiding' a lot of my mistakes/bad lines. Eventually I'm going to do another body job (take more time, and hopefully in a better work space) and probly do a 'BRE' style paint job. (white sides, red hood/roof, blue stripes)

I guess it comes down to how good the body/prep work is. If you're getting someone to do it, look at some of their other work and see if it's 'up to par' before letting them do your Z. Spraying paint and actually doing body work are two diffrent things... sometimes guys arn't good at both.