HybridZ

Is anyone interested in buying a port and polishing "Kit"?

Guest JAMIE T

Guest JAMIE T

I was getting myself together to start the port and polish of my RB26 head when it occured to me that a lot of questions get asked on this forum about the subject. Most of the time in involves where to get the appropriate equipment and bits, etc... I would consider putting together a "Kit" for you guys. I have alot of experiance and the means to put kits together. I know what works and what doesn't, etc... I can offer advice if applicable also. I've seen questions like, " Can I port my head with a Dremel"?, and "How do I get deep into the port"? etc... I can help you guys if you need it.

Guest tony78_280z

If the "kit" came with some realy frickin good instructions I might be interested provided the "kit" also refered to the 5.7L motor. But unfortunatly right now I've got alot of other fish to fry, and haven't descided which direction to go (Bored, Turboed, SCed, etc) with my car. The idea is appealing though.

Guest JAMIE T

Point well taken... I thought of that. But, I had to learn sometime also. I've lost count of how many sets of heads I've done. Not to mention intakes and turbo exhaust manifolds. The thing that kills me the most is when guys ask if they can do it with a Dremel Tool. They are not heavy duty enough for it. The best I've found is the Makita electric die grinder. I've used mine for years and for hours at a time. Air die grinders are fine, but the weight of the hose wears on you after awhile. I just thought I'd put it out here for you guys if you want to learn how to do it or just need a source for the burs. Let me know.