HybridZ

RB25DET PICs and Faqs

ZXRockie

How's all the Z fanatics doing?

I Would like to make a thread just for the RB25DET... there is a lot of info regarding RB26, but almost nothing regarding the cheaper swap. which I think would be better for those daily drivers with less money... I mean 2200.00 for a RB25DET motor set sounds better than $4500.00 for the RB26DETT.

Please post any pics, good and bad experience with the swap, parts used, custom parts, stores, shops, website...

crossreference parts: very necessary...:icon8:

I'm interested in this as well. There is some useful RB general info in the sticky at the top of this forum, but then it gets blurry on some of the details, like if something applies just to the RB26 or to both. I'm particularly interested in the RB25DET Neo (R34). Though I'm into performance, I also care about stuff like gas mileage and emissions. And supposedly the Neo engines put out significantly less emissions while retaining high power output.

I seen one of those a VEnus Motorsport, I was told that they produce the same amount of power as a RB26DETT, but again that's just vebal comments...

I know basic stuff about this set up, But I'm trying to see what is out there. see I order the engine from the place mentioned above and I would work on it while I get my 260 body work done... so far I know the 300ZX non-turbo would fit the RB25det, ect...

I want to see t3 mount in a Rb25det Z...

post and help others....

:icon8:

I going to pick up a engine in Sac... I would check if the mounts in the Rb25 & RB26 has the same pattern, that way we can order the mount from Machining motorsport in canada...

Plus I would get more info regarding typical problem that are expect to happen during the swap...:icon8:

Can you fit T3 header with a garret GT30R?

• 3 weeks later...

For the most part, the 25 and 26 are identical to install into an old Z. The exceptions are the intake manifold on the 25 comes across the motor, possibly causing some clearance issues (buy a GReddy manifold-problem solved), the turbo down pipe, and the oil pan. The 25, being a smallish single is less complicated to make a down pipe for. The Z31 RB20 oil pan and pick-up (strainer) are a direct bolt on for the 25, but take some modification for the 26.